Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Name change

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janine (new)

Janine Bürger de Assis (janineassis) | 8 comments Hi,
I have an author that releasing a new book and changed the name. Is there any problem in editing the current book edition and doing the name change? Or is it better that she deletes the current one and creates a new one? The ISBN will be the same, but she doesn’t want the older name to appear as an edition.
Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1772 comments Janine wrote: "Hi,
I have an author that releasing a new book and changed the name. Is there any problem in editing the current book edition and doing the name change? Or is it better that she deletes the current..."

It depends on if the book was released in any format with the old title, this would include advance reader copies.

If the book wasn't released at all with that title then it can be changed. However, if ARCs went out with the old title, that edition must stay but a new edition can be created for the new title and the ISBN moved to the new version.

message 3: by Janine (new)

Janine Bürger de Assis (janineassis) | 8 comments The book is being written, no ARCs sent yet.

message 4: by Janine (new)

Janine Bürger de Assis (janineassis) | 8 comments Thank you, Melanie. I passed the information to her assistant.