THE Group for Authors! discussion

Invasive Species (#1)
This topic is about Invasive Species
General Discussion > When I post my author page URL to Facebook, other books I haven't written are shown

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Pickard | 1 comments When I paste my author page URL into Facebook, the blurb that shows up claims I'm the author of the Rediscover the Bible books. I know they're not on my page, but the Facebook posting claims they're mine. I took a screen shot but can't attach it to this message. This is the URL I tried to post to Facebook: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... Try putting it into a Facebook post and see what happens.

edit | delete | flag *

message 2: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Michael, unfortunately the link above isn't being posted in full. Would you mind emailing us about this to support (at) goodreads (dot) com? Please include your screenshot, as well as a link to your Facebook page so one of our Experts can look into this more closely.

message 3: by Kersty (new)

Kersty Evans | 5 comments I have been trying to put the Goodreads link on my Facebook page, but for some reason it doesn't work. Can anyone help, please.

message 4: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Kersty wrote: "I have been trying to put the Goodreads link on my Facebook page, but for some reason it doesn't work. Can anyone help, please."

By "Goodreads link" do you mean the Facebook Page Tab option found on your author dashboard?

message 5: by Kersty (new)

Kersty Evans | 5 comments yes, would really like to put it on my page to direct people to Goodreads n my book.

message 6: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Kersty, are you following these steps:

1. Create a Facebook Page if you don't already have one.
2. Visit your Author Dashboard and scroll down to the "Facebook Page Tab" section.
3. Click the green "Add the Goodreads app" link in this section.
Choose your page from the drop-down menu in the pop-up and hit "Okay."
4. Navigate to your Facebook fan page. You should now see a Goodreads icon on the "About" bar (under the "Like" button). Click on this to visit your page tab.

If you're following these steps and still having trouble, please let us know what you're seeing on your side!

message 7: by C. (last edited May 14, 2018 11:46PM) (new)

C. | 4 comments Thank you for the directions. I have tried following them to add the link to my page. Keep getting an error “this dialogue is not available on this device.” I’m on an iPad mini 4. Will this link work on mobile devices too. Does this only work on laptops or desktops?

message 8: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Thanks for the added information. It looks like that error message is due to a new limitation on Facebook's side that limits the addition of this tab to pages with 2 000 Likes or more. You can read more about this here. Unfortunately, as this is a setting on Facebook's side, we're unable to help further. I'm so sorry about that!

message 9: by C. (new)

C. | 4 comments Jaclyn wrote: "Thanks for the added information. It looks like that error message is due to a new limitation on Facebook's side that limits the addition of this tab to pages with 2 000 Likes or more. You can read..."

I actually have 3,694 likes so I don’t see that being the issue? Please check again. Here is my link

http://www.facebook.com/CMelitaWebb/

message 10: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments C. wrote: "Jaclyn wrote: "Thanks for the added information. It looks like that error message is due to a new limitation on Facebook's side that limits the addition of this tab to pages with 2 000 Likes or mor..."

Thanks for the added information. It sounds like this could be a limitation of your iPad. Are you able to try the steps I listed in message 6 from a computer?

message 11: by C. (new)

C. | 4 comments Hello, unfortunately not. I’m visually impaired and only able to see on the iPad. I will try to find someone to help me do this.

message 12: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments I'm sorry for the trouble with that, C. Please let me know if the person assisting you experiences the same difficulty on a different device – I'd be happy to continue looking into this.