Cirque Du Freak-Along discussion

Vampire Mountain (Cirque Du Freak, #4)
This topic is about Vampire Mountain
Vampire Mountain

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alison (hardbackhoarder) | 41 comments Mod
Please don't forget to put the page number you are on before going into your comments to avoid spoiling!

Brandie Ford (youre_something_magical) | 4 comments BOOM. Eight years gone. I forgot how much time passes between books. A coworker saw me reading this and commented on how much she liked them as a kid. I think I fan girled too intensely and scared her haha

Ellis (kamnell) | 24 comments I think I never noticed before how not ok Darren still is about being a half-vampire. In my memory the second book was the conflict about drinking human blood and after that I thought he accepted and even liked being a half-vampire

Brandie Ford (youre_something_magical) | 4 comments Page 111. Same. I don't recall his acceptance of his new life being so gradual. As an adult I really appreciate all the inner conflict Darren is experiencing over his new life. And the moment where he breaks down after the fight with the bear is very powerful and memorable to me now.

Brandie Ford (youre_something_magical) | 4 comments Page 175. The mention of Vancha March makes my heart flutter ❤

I finished the book yesterday (seriously, the audiobooks are so addicting). I also remember thinking Darren was OK with being a half-vampire at this point. I also don't remember so much time passing! I was thinking how genius to have a character who barely ages but still be able to have so much happen in years. The character can still connect to the reader while progressing the timeline more. *Murlough voice* "clever boyyyyy"
I am still so impressed by the community of vampires that is set up here. We get to see the politics to the society (and how everything isn't exactly as strict as Crepsley leads us to believe).
This is also where we start getting into our first big mystery and are lining up for the big plot twist of the series. Who is killing vampires? and what's up with the vampaneze? and who is their Lord?
The part where Darren realizes he can't have kids, oh my. What a revelation to have now after so many years. He has to be thinking that a lot of his human friends would be nearing that part of their life and while it wasn't something a kid would think of at their turning, it will really weigh on him now.
I especially liked the moment when they go to see the council and Crepsley is put on stand for turning Darren for no good reason and Darren is given the choice of doing the trials (which still makes little sense to me because Crepsley is like "don't punish the boy" so what do they do? punish the boy). When Darren
goes to decide, he takes Crepsley's honor into consideration, which showed so much respect and maturity.

Marcy Reads on IG (marcyreads) Just finished the book. I really enjoyed exploring Vampure Mountain with Darren, I am really curious about the Guardians though. The part with the wolves on their way to VM was awesome, but when the cub was being attacked by the crazed bear, I almost cried, thank heavens there were no casualties there, cause I would’ve been destroyed! I’m still loving Mr. Crepsley l, and thought he would have a good reason for blooding Darren but he didn’t have any? Was surprised by that!

message 8: by Darren (new)

Darren Shan (darrenshan) | 14 comments Marcy wrote: "Just finished the book. I really enjoyed exploring Vampure Mountain with Darren, I am really curious about the Guardians though. The part with the wolves on their way to VM was awesome, but when th..."

Oh, he DID have a reason (even though he wasn't aware of it), but we don't find out until book 12... :-)

Brenda Edwards (brennedwards) | 13 comments i was at work in the break room, listening to this, and i started yelling and was getting very excited my boss came in and said what are you listening to, when i told him the name of the book he got so excited and said he loved this book when he was younger, this conversation lasted 3 hours ‍

Brenda Edwards (brennedwards) | 13 comments listening to the audio book so i dont know the page,
spoiler ahead....
when darren found out he can't have kids that broke my heart, darren got so many things taken away from him smh

Brenda Edwards (brennedwards) | 13 comments so when they all started asking Mr.Crepsley what was his reason to blood darren, i was excited to finally find out why but Mr.Crepsley had no reason. smh

Marcy Reads on IG (marcyreads) Darren wrote: "Marcy wrote: "Just finished the book. I really enjoyed exploring Vampure Mountain with Darren, I am really curious about the Guardians though. The part with the wolves on their way to VM was awesom..."

That's what I thought, can't wait to find out his reason. I love Mr. Crepsley's character so much.

Marcy Reads on IG (marcyreads) Brenda wrote: "so when they all started asking Mr.Crepsley what was his reason to blood darren, i was excited to finally find out why but Mr.Crepsley had no reason. smh"

I felt the same way. Mr. Crepsley is so proper and in my eyes so wise, that when he said there was no reason I was like HUH? lol!

Brenda wrote: "so when they all started asking Mr.Crepsley what was his reason to blood darren, i was excited to finally find out why but Mr.Crepsley had no reason. smh"

OH I do believe the reason is revealed later on in the series, though if it what I am thinking it is, I think it may be a let down. It's basically like "he had a feeling he had to" so he did kind of thing lol

message 15: by Darren (new)

Darren Shan (darrenshan) | 14 comments Alison wrote: "Brenda wrote: "so when they all started asking Mr.Crepsley what was his reason to blood darren, i was excited to finally find out why but Mr.Crepsley had no reason. smh"

OH I do believe the reason..."

There's a bit more to it than that. The answer can be found in book 12.

Darren wrote: "Alison wrote: "Brenda wrote: "so when they all started asking Mr.Crepsley what was his reason to blood darren, i was excited to finally find out why but Mr.Crepsley had no reason. smh"

OH I do bel..."

I remember it being revealed near the end of the series so excited to see how it all plays out!