Laurel County Public Library discussion

Welcome > Hello, my name is...

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LCPL (last edited May 10, 2018 05:47AM) (new)

LCPL Krystyna | 2294 comments Mod
Welcome!
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Laurel County Public Library Goodreads Group. Join your fellow patrons as we discuss great books and meet some new friends that share the love of reading and other bookish related topics. Please feel free to introduce yourself and contribute to discussion topics. Thank you for joining us and enjoy.

message 2: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1575 comments Hi. I am surprised to find my local library here. Yay. My name is Debra. I am currently reading If I Never Get Back by Darryl Brock and Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton.

message 3: by LCPL (last edited May 21, 2018 03:15PM) (new)

Glad you could join us :)

message 4: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1575 comments Thanks Krystyna : )

message 5: by LCPL (new)

You're welcome :)

message 6: by Trish (new)

Trish | 3 comments Heyyyy! My name is Trish and I read everything from true crime and history to romance and fiction. Currently trying to complete the pop sugar challenge, and working on "a book named after a song" Shape of My Heart. :)

message 7: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1575 comments Hi Trish. I am working on the popsugar challenge too. For my "song book", I read Gold Dust Woman: A Biography of Stevie Nicks by Stephen Davis. I enjoyed it very much.

message 8: by Trish (new)

Trish | 3 comments That sounds good! I will definitely look into that one..

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin Haas | 1 comments Hey all. My name is robin. I live to read. Thanks for allowing me to join

message 10: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1575 comments Hi Robin. Welcome aboard. Yay, another member for the Goodreads Laurel County Library book club.

message 11: by LCPL (new)

Trish wrote: "Heyyyy! My name is Trish and I read everything from true crime and history to romance and fiction. Currently trying to complete the pop sugar challenge, and working on "a book named after a song" S..."

Thanks for joining Trish :)

message 12: by LCPL (new)

Debra wrote: "Hi Trish. I am working on the popsugar challenge too. For my "song book", I read Gold Dust Woman: A Biography of Stevie Nicks by Stephen Davis. I enjoyed it very much."

Debra, I will be posting a section on this group for Reading Challenges and the PopSugar Reading Challege will be included :)

message 13: by LCPL (new)

Robin wrote: "Hey all. My name is robin. I live to read. Thanks for allowing me to join"

Thanks for joining.

message 14: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1575 comments Krystyna wrote: "....Debra, I will be posting a section on this group for Reading Challenges and the PopSugar Reading Challege will be included :)
....."

Yay!

message 15: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1575 comments Is it okay to ask questions about the library here?

If yes,
How is it decided what books and DVDs the library will carry?

message 16: by LCPL (new)

Debra wrote: "Is it okay to ask questions about the library here?

If yes,
How is it decided what books and DVDs the library will carry?"

Yes, it is okay to ask questions here. I need to make a section for library questions, I suppose. Oops :)

But to answer your question, there are a couple of ways. When you come in the library you can ask one of the staff. However, your better option would probably be to go on the library website, which is www.laurellibrary.org. On the website there is a contact tab. Within the contact tab there is a section for suggestions. In the suggestion box you can request materials that you would like the library to order and then it is sent to the staff member that orders that particular section.

I hope that helps!

message 17: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1575 comments Wow. I had no idea. Thanks Krystyna.

message 18: by LCPL (new)

Debra wrote: "Wow. I had no idea. Thanks Krystyna."

You're welcome.

message 19: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 5 comments Hello everyone!

It's so great to connect with a local library. I am an author from McCreary County. We are so close!

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 20: by LCPL (last edited Jul 20, 2018 07:37AM) (new)

Tonya wrote: "Hello everyone!

It's so great to connect with a local library. I am an author from McCreary County. We are so close!

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show..."

Welcome! Glad you could join us! Feel free to participate in discussions. We have a variety of topics to choose from. : )

message 21: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 5 comments Krystyna wrote: "Tonya wrote: "Hello everyone!

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show..."

We..."

Thank you! It's gonna be fun!

message 22: by LCPL (new)

Tonya wrote: "Krystyna wrote: "Tonya wrote: "Hello everyone!

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show......."

You're welcome! It's a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy!

message 23: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Coffey (tonyacoffey) | 5 comments Debra wrote: "Welcome Tonya."

Thank you, Debra!