DiverseCity discussion

Leah on the Offbeat (Simonverse, #3)
This topic is about Leah on the Offbeat

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
Comment your thoughts!

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
To be honest, I don’t even know where to start lol.

Again, SIMON AND BRAM ARE SO CUTE AND WHATEVER BRAM IS PLANNING IS GONNA BE AMAZING!

Now I feel like I kind of want Leah and Garrett together just to see how it would go but I just don’t think it’ll work out. That whole scene with Leah and Abby in Martin’s bathroom and then Abby hinting at being open to doing things with Leah was totally unexpected. I still feel like I can’t see Leah with anyone in our cast of characters as of right now.

I’m happy with how open Leah is about her bisexuality. She speaks about having crushes on boys and girls casually and doesn’t give it much thought. I guess it’s because she’s come to peace with it for a while but I still like that it’s no big deal to her. She accepts herself for who she is.

That situation with Morgan being racist really did get me angry. She had no right to say that Abby had racial advantage. Even though it’s disgusting and unacceptable, the amount of times I’ve heard something like that when talking about college is unreal. It’s definitely something that a lot of people believe and it’s not okay.

The one complaint I have about Leah is that she isn’t giving Wells a fair chance. I understand that she’s angry about her mother dating again, but she should really try to get to know him. She even was enjoying the conversation about musicians and bands with him for a minute. I still like her as a protagonist and i am enjoying the storyline.

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
Maybe it is Abby that Leah falls for?

Now I’m starting to agree with you Ana about Leah and Garrett. Although I want them to be together, I don’t think it would be as good on paper as it is my head.

I CANNOT wait for Bram’s promposal!

I’m starting to see why Leah can be seen as annoying. She made Morgan not getting in to the college she wanted about her. But I don’t like her character any less. She’s aware that she’s stubborn. She’s aware that she can sometimes be mean and wrong. But I think that is just who she is. And like you Ana, I admire her strength. It’s who she is and it’s part of her humour but she also gets and acknowledges that not everyone gets her. But I think as the reader, I do.

HOWEVER it really did annoy me when Leah lied to Garrett about being at the game. When went out to eat for her Mum’s boyfriends birthday, she said something about how she respected him for not pretending to know a band. She liked that he admitted to the fact that he’s never heard of them. So I think it’s hypocritical that she is then dishonest to Garrett.

Although I felt a little sorry for Martin at the end of Simon, I love that Abby and Leah both get angry around him and want to protect Simon from him!

It’s also so incredible that Becky Albertalli is TALKING about racism. She’s making a statement. Although it isn’t as obvious as maybe it used to be, it is still and issue and still something that happens!
But I do feel like the band drama was annoying and unnecessary.

I can really relate to Leah’s comment about how ‘graduation’ or leaving school comes around so fast and hits you in the face. That happened to me; I’ve been out of school for almost two years now and it feels like I was there a few months ago…

I am not so much for Garrett and Leah now! He’s become a little annoying like overly cute and I just don’t think him and Leah would click. Although I think Leah is a secret romantic at heart, I just don’t think her and Garrett is right…
My now ship is Leah and Abby and I REALLY hope we actually get to read the road trip!

I’m also enjoying reading about the breakdown of a relationship that was formed in the first book. (Abby and Nick) Although that sounds mean but it’s just not something I read about a lot. Not sure about you guys but I don’t see it often so it’s something new.

Maria Lopez | 85 comments Mod
Ya’ll I can’t wait to see the promposal!!

So Leah kinda annoyed me bc she complains about EVERYTHING. But I was so surprise she stood up for Abby, like go Leah! I’m glad Albertali is actually talking about racism. This kinda stuff happens too much!

I still like Garret but I know it’s going to be Abby she ends up with. The road trip should be interesting...