DiverseCity discussion

Leah on the Offbeat (Simonverse, #3)
This topic is about Leah on the Offbeat

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
Comment your thoughts!

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
I know that we literally finished Simon Vs. The Homosapien’s Agenda just last month, but being back in the world of Creekwood makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside haha! I got really attached to the characters in the first book so I’m definitely enjoying reading about them.

I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since the first book!! And I am SO HAPPY that Simon and Bram are still together!!! They’re the cutest couple ever and I’m so glad their relationship is being featured more here since there wasn’t much of it in Simon. Leah embarrassing Simon to Bram is probably my favorite part of the book so far LOL.

I’ve been hearing from people on Booktube and even my own friends that they find Leah’s character annoying, so I was worried. However I’m not bothered by her as a protagonist. Even though she can be irritating and stuck up sometimes, I just see it as part of her character. Also she owns up to her behavior and personality, and somehow that makes it a bit better for me. Also this book really shows us everything Leah held back from saying in Simon. She’s a much more developed character and we just didn’t get to see that, probably so we would read this book haha!

I kinda ship Leah and Garrett but I kinda don’t? I feel like it would be too easy and eventually just wouldn’t work out. I really don’t know who I want her with, if I even want her with someone at all. I feel like Leah is the type of character that needs to love herself before she can commit to a relationship.

I just can’t wait to keep reading, I feel like I’ll definitely fly through it!

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
Yes, same Ana! I was so excited to dive into this book just to see more of the characters I loved in Simon!

AGAIN Ana I agree with you! I’m so happy to be seeing more of Simon and Bram. I’m also intrigued to find out who Leah falls in love with; a boy a girl?! My first thoughts are Martin or Garret if the love interest is a boy. But then she does hate Martin - but that could change. If the love interest is a girl, maybe Abby, Anna or Morgan? I’m probably leaning most towards Abby for girls, but she’s with Nick so I think my number one pick at the moment is Garret.

Leah’s Mum is incredible.

And Simon’s response text to Leah showing Bram Simon’s tie picture made me laugh out loud! So yes Ana - virtual high five on that.

I said it for Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda and I’ll say it again: I am LOVING the way Becky Albertalli writes her character relationships.

Garret obviously fancies Leah and I think it is so cute! At the moment I’m rooting for them.

But I do agree that Ana is not annoying me... Maybe she will later but I've not been annoyed with her once so far.

Maria Lopez | 85 comments Mod
So far I loooooove Garret! I feel bad for Morgan not getting into Georgia University but I don’t get why she’d be upset with Leah? Anyway so far I’m enjoying this book!