Why Christianity? discussion

Major topics > Nice and loving Mormons go to an eternal hell?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle | 469 comments Mod
I've met many nice, kind, loving Mormons; are they all hell bound in their current state? Or will God make an exception? Or fudge the boundaries?

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments Rod - I suspect Mormons, just like Catholics, JWs, scientists, artists, liberals and conservatives come in many flavors. Although they remain committed to their church, vocation, or ideology some have reached a side deal with Jesus unbeknownst to others.
When asked point blank they'll witness but, so they can be invited to the right parties they often beat around the bush about their true identity.

message 3: by Rod (new)

Do explain this Side Deal. Like when Mafia guys go to church?

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments Rod -Just as I related in the earlier post. In order not to rock the boat within their denomination, they keep their relationship with Christ to themselves. Catholics practice it all the time. They do the silly catechism, but secretly value their relationship with Christ much more.

message 5: by Chad (new)

Chad (chadjohnson) | 63 comments Yes. Nice loving Mormons go to hell. If they believe the utter crap that is preached within Mormon temples, they do not know Jesus.

Although Mormons profess to be Christians and say they believe the Word of God, there are many of their beliefs that contradict Christianity. Mormonism is a cult, plain and simple. And all those nice and loving people that go to church every Sunday, and volunteer in their cities, and go on two-year missions trips all over the world, are going to hell unless they come to recognize the truth about Jesus.

A cult is defined as “a religious group (large or small) that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth.” Mormons say they are Christians, but because they reject foundational truths from God’s Word, they are not, and they will go to hell for rejecting the truth of God's Word.

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. -- Revelation 22:18-19

I believe John was specifically referring to the book of Revelation when he said this book (or this scroll)... but the principal is true of all scripture. We cannot add to it or take away from it without dire consequences. The Mormons have at least three other texts that they consider scripture that they believe are the inspired word of God they have added to scripture.

message 6: by Rod (new)

I had a fun argument with 2 Jehovah's Witnesses ladies this morning.
Their Jesus was simply Not to be worshipped. We both agreed.

message 7: by Cherie (new)

Cherie | 18 comments Being nice, kind, and loving isn't what gets you into Heaven.

message 8: by Rod (new)

Right you are. Elijah made it... and he's snarky like me.