Arlington Public Library discussion

Weekly Discussion > A Book You Read Every Year

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arlington Public Library (arlingtontxpubliclibrary) | 52 comments Mod
We all have books that we read that we love. We have books that make us think, books that make us cry, books that make us laugh, and books that give every other emotion. What is a book that you feel you must read every year? Why do you read it every year? What do you feel it brings you? Let us know in the comments.

message 2: by Ayesha (last edited May 09, 2018 09:50AM) (new)

Ayesha Hawkins (ayeshahawkins) | 8 comments I reread the Harry Potter books every year. They are my favorites and I see more the older I get. I also tend to read Nora Roberts trilogies over and over especially if I am switching between genres. I love them they are light and easy and predictable.

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Foti (kirstenfoti) | 3 comments I usually reread The Four Agreements every other year. There are far too many books out there for me to reread more than that. I suspect that will change when I have grandchildren and want to read them everything!

message 4: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 2 comments I like reading the Alchemist about once a year. And Jane Eyre every couple of years.

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyintexas) | 6 comments I reread "The Four Agreements" starting on January 1st every year. It's a good reminder and a great way to start off with a beautiful blank slate. I also love "Simple Abundance" and often start out with high hopes of reading it every day throughout the year. That works great until about mid-February. Ha ha! For that last several years, I've enjoyed picking up a new devotional to read each day of the year as well. I may not get to read each day on the exact right date, but I do make a concerted effort to read them all.

message 6: by Trina (new)

Trina  (trinanycolbrown) | 8 comments Ayesha wrote: "I reread the Harry Potter books every year. They are my favorites and I see more the older I get. I also tend to read Nora Roberts trilogies over and over especially if I am switching between genre..."

I'd like to read Harry Potter. I'm going to start the series next month:-)

message 7: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Hawkins (ayeshahawkins) | 8 comments Trina wrote: "Ayesha wrote: "I reread the Harry Potter books every year. They are my favorites and I see more the older I get. I also tend to read Nora Roberts trilogies over and over especially if I am switchin..."

Book 3 Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite