Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

Book Club Selection > June 2018 Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 4086 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for the June Group Reads and will close on 20th May 2018 at midnight GMT. Voting will then be from 21st to 29th May 2018 inclusive.

You may nominate Two books, one in each category (1. Group Main Read, 2. Group Value Read)
Value books must be £4 ($6.02) or less and will also be added from the freebies board or good finds.

General rules for Group Reads

1) If your nomination wins - you will be asked to be the discussion leader.

2) No self-nominations by authors please.

3) Please try not to repeat an author we have read in the last year, for the sake of variety. Check our bookshelves to see the authors we've read in the past year.
https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

4) For your nomination please try and include Title, Author and Link (Use the "add book/author" link at the top of the comment box).

5) Please ensure your nomination is a British Mystery. Please see the thread https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... for what is considered a British Mystery if you are unsure.

If you nominate a book that is part of a series please be sure that it can be read as a standalone for those members that may not have read the other books in the series.

message 2: by Erunyauve (new)

Erunyauve | 168 comments I've enjoyed a couple of the books in the Wesley Peterson series, but I haven't read the first. The Merchant's House would qualify as a bargain read (£3.99, $2.99).

I love the setting in Devon (one of my favourite places in the world), and the unusual aspect of a DS who read archaeology at university. Like the later books in the series, we have both an old and a new mystery to solve (there are quite a lot of skeletons in Tradmouth's closet).

message 3: by David (new)

Erunyauve wrote: "I've enjoyed a couple of the books in the Wesley Peterson series, but I haven't read the first. The Merchant's House would qualify as a bargain read (£3.99, $2.99).

I love the settin..."

Yep it can be your Value Read nomination.

Link to Book on Amazon UK - https://amzn.to/2jIQzp1
Link to Book on Amazon.com -https://amzn.to/2Ir9S4c

message 4: by G.J. (last edited May 16, 2018 03:51AM) (new)

G.J. (buch-wurm) | 41 comments I am happy to nominate this new first in a series Mystery book
Sentence Of Death
It would fit in either category ! as it is £1.99 on Kindle
Sentence Of Death (Clavel and Snow Crime #1) by A.P. Martin

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 607 comments Sentence of Death is $3.64 in Canada so that would put it in the value book category

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 607 comments Close to Home
This one is $13.99 here which is 8.01 GBP so that makes it a main read nomination.

message 7: by Shera (new)

Shera (goodreadscomShera) | 57 comments I would like to nominate Cold in the Earth (DI Marjory Fleming #1) by Aline Templeton Cold in the Earth by Aline Templeton as a value read for June

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary C | 173 comments G.J. wrote: "I am happy to nominate this new first in a series Mystery book
Sentence Of Death
It would fit in either category ! as it is £1.99 on Kindle"

Value read in US as well, $2.99.

message 9: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 586 comments Mod
Shera wrote: "I would like to nominate Cold in the Earth (DI Marjory Fleming #1) by Aline Templeton Cold in the Earth by Aline Templeton as a value read for June"

I read another in this series and quite liked the detective and the setting.

message 10: by Clare (last edited May 12, 2018 08:21PM) (new)

Clare  (clarebears) | 62 comments Bad Sister by Sam Carrington Bad Sister This is £2.99 on Kindle.

message 11: by Brian (last edited May 14, 2018 04:08PM) (new)

Brian Kirk | 24 comments How about this Classic Frost At Christmas by R.D. Wingfield This is a great series and the inspiration for the television show A Touch of Frost Starring David Jason This would be the a main group read book.

message 12: by David (last edited May 21, 2018 04:52AM) (new)

Sorry guys been a bit tied up this weekend so sorting now and voting will be open shortly

message 13: by David (new)

Final nominations were:-

Main Group Read
1: Close To Home by Cara Hunter - nominated by Beth

Value Book Read
1: The Merchant's House by Kate Ellis - nominated by Erunyauve
2: Sentence of Death by A.P.Martin - nominated by G.J.
3: Cold In The Earth by Aline Templeton - nominated by Shera
4: Bad Sister by Sam Carrington - nominated by Clare
5: Frost at Christmas by R.G.Wingfield - nominated by Brian

message 14: by David (new)

Main group read sorted. Value to vote on and great to see some different members nominating for the reads. Long may it continue.

message 15: by David (new)

All very close at the moment so don't forget to vote in the poll.
It is at bottom of main home page or at
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/4...

message 16: by Erunyauve (new)

Erunyauve | 168 comments A hard choice this month. I might end up reading several of them.

message 17: by David (new)

Last day to vote if you are going to. Links is above in this thread.

message 18: by David (new)

OK voting is now done and the two books for next month decided and on home page as upcoming ready for June.