Who's Your Author? discussion

Poison Study (Study, #1)
This topic is about Poison Study
Author of the Month > May BOM: Poison Study

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4057 comments The May BOM is Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear.

If you have read this book please let us know what you think. Also let us know if you plan to give it a try.

Tina Bartz | 611 comments I hope I can get to this one this month. I am not promising anything, though, lol.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4057 comments Tina wrote: "I hope I can get to this one this month. I am not promising anything, though, lol."

I have to admit I adored this book!
Generally speaking, I feel like she is a bit underrated so I thought she could be a fun BOM and AOM (next month).

message 4: by Tina (last edited Jun 07, 2018 01:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Bartz | 611 comments I DIDN'T get to this book in May and I am glad, lol. I had put it on my Nook wishlist and it is currently on sale for $1.99 at B&N (US) (and Kindle US). I just snapped it up so I will probably read it this month.

Tina Bartz | 611 comments I finally read Poison Study Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder . I loved it! Better late than never, right?