2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery, #5)
This topic is about Murder on Mulberry Bend

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Any other topics you’d like to discuss? Your overall opinion of the story?

Phrynne | 605 comments Loved it! I find it very hard each month not to move straight on to the next book!

I wonder why the author felt it necessary to kill off Richard? I liked how he and Frank ended up working together to save Sarah and their competition would have been fun. His death caught me off guard.

I love this series and it took extreme willpower not to peek into the next book.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I didn't care about Richard. I hate anything that even hints at love triangles. Nothing turns me off to a book or series (tv show or book) faster so I would've abandoned this series if the competition for Sarah's affections had kept up. Good riddance, I say!

I hate love triangles with a passion. But since Sarah’s feelings were absolutely clear from the beginning, this one didn’t bug me.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments That's actually when I hate them even more because then they're clearly a waste of page time. And in this case, even setting aside Sarah's feelings, Frank is already facing a steep uphill battle with a society that says Sarah is forever out of his reach due to their disparate class stations so having another man around to rub salt in the wound just seems unnecessary to me.

I just saw the humor in it and how it inspired Frank to act.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments *snort* If you look up "slow burn romance" in the dictionary, you'll find Frank and Sarah. Endurance is the key! lol

I don’t normally have the patience for these type of slow burns but something about these two are so authentic it’s working for me😊

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I just would have preferred that Dennis eventually find a woman with whom he could find love again.

Well, according to Mrs. Wells it’s with Hazel:)

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Charlene wrote: "I just would have preferred that Dennis eventually find a woman with whom he could find love again."

Me too, Charlene. I think Sarah could have played matchmaker with one of her rich friends.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Not a fan of love triangles either, but this wasn't shaping up this way as it was clear Sarah had no intention of marrying Richard.

I'm enjoying the slow burn but it does need to speed up a bit.

The mystery was predictable but I'm enjoying reading about the time period and the relationships.

Thanks for the questions, Jonetta!

You’re welcome!