2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery, #5)
This topic is about Murder on Mulberry Bend

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Did you entertain any suspicions that Mrs. Wells or someone related to the Mission had anything to do with Hazel Dennis’ death? Her own husband?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Eventually, I did think she may have hastened Hazel's demise, because she was afraid that Hazel might lose her "state of grace" living with her husband and not solely focused on the mission and Mrs Wells' brand of faith.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I felt from the beginning that Hazel’s death was suspicious but it wasn’t until later when I was sure Mrs. Wells killed Emilia that I thought she might have had a hand in her demise.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments When the priest mentioned other girls who went missing from the mission, I started thinking that Mrs. Wells must make a habit of killing the girls and sending them to live with God. Then I wondered if she killed Hazel.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I was suspicious as well and when we learn that she was one of the last people to visit Haze, I knew she had killed her.