2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery, #5)
This topic is about Murder on Mulberry Bend

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Antonio Donato apparently secretly replaced the dead child his wife bore with the unwanted infant of a prostitute. Should he have told her the truth once he saw she couldn’t bond with the child?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I doubt she would have bonded with a prostitute's child, but perhaps they could have had a relative raise the girl (Mr Donato was so fond of the girl, it seemed).

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I think he thought he could love the child enough for the both of them. He seemed to care for the girl and was certainly upset by the news that she died.

message 4: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments In hindsight it would have been better if he told her because her dislike for the child was only due to the constant remainder of the rape. But since he didn't know about it, he might have thought that if she couldn't bond with her own child she would be even more cold toward a prostitute's child and he seemed to care for his daughter.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, he should have told her and I still don't really understand why he didn't. Was it because he didn't want to tell her that their child had died or because Emilia's mother was a prostitute?

It would have been better for everyone involved if he had been truthful because I do think that Mrs. Donato would have felt differently toward Emilia if she had known