2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Could Frank have handled his jealousy better than he did at the doctor’s office?

message 2: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 605 comments Yes. Since he seriously believes he has no hope with Sarah then he should be hiding his feelings better.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Oh, heavens yes! His behavior was inexcusable. He truly has the stereotypical Irish ire.

message 4: by Phrynne (last edited May 08, 2018 01:40PM) (new)

Phrynne | 605 comments Mind you at least he is admitting his feelings to himself. Sarah isn't. She tells Frank's mother that she has no intentions towards him and that they are just friends. I assume she thinks she means it:)

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

And mother is having none of it!

message 6: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Frank's jealousy at the doctor's office was so poorly handled, I'm not sure what he could have done to make matters worse. He is a bit
thick headed to imagine that his actions are a good way to mask his true feelings.

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments He could have tried harder to hide his feelings. It was obvious that he was jealous.

message 8: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments He was so obvious Sarah figured out in no time that it was because of jealousy.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, he could have handled it better, but he is also a man of his times and his social class. He finds it difficult to express his feelings and lashes out when forced to face them.

I find it interesting that he has realized his feelings for Sarah and accepted them while she is still in denial. It is usually the other way around.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

That is an interesting contrast! Great point.