2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery, #5)
This topic is about Murder on Mulberry Bend

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
What were your first impressions of Mrs. Wells?

Phrynne | 605 comments Lol! I suspected her of being evil from the very first moment we met her. Probably because so many books have a person like that turn out to be the murderer.

She gave me the creeps from the start. Her religious zealotry was pretty obvious and she immediately topped my list of suspects and never left.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Likewise, Jonetta. I wonder how someone gets a simple truth (if we accept the premise that her husband's preaching was more loving and less hateful) so twisted that she calls good "evil" and evil doing becomes good in her eyes.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I suspected Mrs. Wells early in the book. She came across as a religious nut who would go to extremes to keep the girls in line or make sure they didn't get out of line.

message 6: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments She came across as a religious zealot from the start, but I think it was seeing Emilia scared of her disapproval for every little thing that made me put her solidly in the suspect list.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, I also suspected her from the first because of her zealotry, but it was her reaction Sarah's comment that Frank was actually going to investigate the case properly that convinced me - she was so shocked that all the blood drained from her face.

Yeah, I recalled that, too. There were so many clues.