Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > I need help with this Novel's name

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okarie (new)

Okarie Faith | 2 comments Hi guys. I really need help finding the name of this book I read about 8 years ago. I was about 14 or 15 at the time and I believe the novel is a 20th century published-book.

It's a bitter-sweet romantic novel of a girl who was born into a mighty-rich family. The mother died while she was still a toddler, and she had a baby brother who despised her. The dad was really mean and violent to her because he hated girls. There were cases when he brutally whipped her to stupor.
She ran away from home and met a handsome young man whom she fell in love with. They get married but her joy was cut short after their building collapsed. The man died while protecting her from the debris of the collapsed building. She moved on in life only to find out she was pregnant for her late husband. Years later, she found love in another man's arms and became successful, only to lose her son to death.
At a point, she got the news that her husband didn't really die, he survived the building collapse but was paralyzed. He still died anyways. This is as far as I can remember.
Someone..... Anyone.... Please help with the book's name. It would really mean a lot to me.

message 2: by Okarie (new)

Okarie Faith | 2 comments After the girl left her home, she survived many hurdles, but eventually became successful. Her younger brother hated her so much, he chased her in order to kill her. The father and brother claimed she soiled the family name.

message 3: by Cassandra (last edited May 07, 2018 01:50PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments This isn't the right group for your question. You could try posting here- https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.