BooktubeSFF Awards discussion

Archived 2018 > Collapsing Empire Readalong

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kitty G Books (new)

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) | 110 comments Mod
Hi all, it's time to start the Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi so feel free to leave all of your comments and thoughts below, just remember to use spoiler tags where necessary!
Thanks!

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (jbradley86) im really enjoying this so far. Felt the planetarium class discussion in chapter 4 was a very good way of giving us important info on the world without too much of an info dump.

message 3: by ReadBecca (new)

ReadBecca (readxbecca) | 18 comments I finished this last night and absolutely adored it. There's too much to spoil so staying away from any potential spoiler items. It really reminded me throughout of the Culture novels, it certainly has an element of homage to them. I also loved the effective level playing field from a gender perspective, at no point did I pick up any implied gender roles in the universe, and that shows in the characterization really well from my view.

message 4: by Marc (new)

Marc I'm really having fun reading this - great writing - quick paced, good world building and characters I want to follow for a series...reading it very quick - probably won't last through the weekend - and I agree - the ship names and the humor reminds me of the Culture series a bit as well...

message 5: by Ash (new)

Ash (_ash) | 7 comments I thought it was fun and entertaining. It was almost like Game of Thrones in space. I loved the politics and the concept of Flow. Also liked the strong female characters.