Twilight Read-along! discussion

Twilight > Week 5!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rae (new)

Rae (raeofsunshinebooks) | 8 comments Mod
Hello read-a-long-ers! (that sounded better in my head) So basically this is our last week of twilight! It went by really fast and all of the hosts are very excited for the liveshow:) me and Emma were talking and we really want everyone to participate for this week and the next 3 books because that's the best part of the experience right? Let's finish this book strong and we will have an announcement on the official live show time soon!!

message 2: by Emma (last edited Jul 28, 2014 07:21PM) (new)

Emma Giordano (emmmabooks) | 51 comments Mod
YES EVERYBODY PARTICIPATE!
I honestly think the epilogue might be my favorite part of the entire book. I love how pissed off Bella gets when she finds out that Edward is taking her to the prom. I also loved how Tyler showed up at Bella's house and Edward talks to him and is like "Bella isn't free tonight. Or any night, for that matter." like TOTAL SHUT DOWN lmao and ugh the part where he like pretends he's about to turn her gives me so many feels.

I loved this last section because it shows how selfless Bella is. Like, it starts and ends with her giving things up for others. In the beginning, she moves to Forks so that her mom can travel with Phil and would be happy. In the end, she nearly gives up her life because she A. thinks her mom is in danger B. doesn't want any harm to come to Edward and his family (that she only met formally like a week before lol). That's a quality I admire so much in Bella, I honestly think she is one of the most selfless female protagonists out there.

And also, I'm not sure if this was week 4 or week 5 because I read both of those readings in the same day, but I loved the part where Alice is talking about how Bella wouldn't notice the change in Edward, but they all did and she doesn't want to look in his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses her. Ugh, such cute sisterly love. Alice is definitely my favorite Cullen behind Edward lol.

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (blondiesbooks) | 6 comments I finished last night!
My brain is kind of a jumbled mess atm but I was in love with the end and how close her and Edward got. Plus the Prom scene was always one of my favorites :) I will add more to this is I remember something specific.

message 4: by Emma (new)

I totally understand lol yes the prom bit was perfect!!

message 5: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (potterdancer) Yay I finished!!! I loved this section. It definitely shows how selfless that Bella is and proves that she is a well rounded character. I love the prom scene as well, Bella and Edward are just really sweet together. I also love how Stephanie Meyer uses the title in each book because that just makes me super happy, I don't know why haha.

message 6: by Emma (new)

YES! I totally agree like I read the first bit of new moon today and she says it and I'm just like ASDFGHJKL;'