Into the Forest discussion

Summer in Orcus
This topic is about Summer in Orcus
Mythic Fiction > Summer in Orcus spoiler free

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah | 4530 comments Mod
This is the spoiler free thread for the May 15-July 14 young adult group read winner Summer in Orcus by T. Kingfisher

message 2: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret | 3759 comments Mod
My library does not have this. I wonder if I can request an ebook through interlibrary loan? I'll see if I can once I've caught up on some of my library holds. I like this author.

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah (flying_monkeys) | 1009 comments My library doesn't have it either. :(

message 4: by Jalilah (new)

Mine doesn't either. That's why I did not vote for it already in the last poll. I've made so many interlibrary loan requests already so I'm probably not going to request this one.
Fortunately it has all the others however.

Melanti | 2125 comments Mod
Who has a Kindle in the US?

I'm willing to buy it and lending is enabled, so I can share it with one of you.

message 6: by Margaret (new) - added it

Melanti wrote: "Who has a Kindle in the US?

I'm willing to buy it and lending is enabled, so I can share it with one of you."

I would love that! My budget for books is nonexistent until I start working full time again.

Then after I'm done with reading it, I'll send it your way.

message 8: by Margaret (new) - added it

Melanti wrote: "Then after I'm done with reading it, I'll send it your way."

Thanks!

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Ardea) | 5 comments Because the author wrote the book as a free web serial, she has made the entire book available for free. The site address is: www.redwombatstudio.com/portfolio/sum...

At the website, scroll down and you will see the chapters listed, along with an introduction by by author. I hope this helps with the availability issue.

Cheers and good reading...Ardea.

Thanks so much!

message 11: by Jalilah (last edited May 09, 2018 12:19PM) (new)

Michelle wrote: "Because the author wrote the book as a free web serial, she has made the entire book available for free. The site address is: www.redwombatstudio.com/portfolio/sum...

At the website, scro..."

Wow! Thanks! Both to you and the author!

message 12: by Margaret (new) - added it

Michelle wrote: "Because the author wrote the book as a free web serial, she has made the entire book available for free. The site address is: www.redwombatstudio.com/portfolio/sum...

At the website, scro..."

Thanks!

message 13: by Carole (new)

Carole Weave-lane (writingnamecaroleweave-lane) | 104 comments Hi .thanks for the above information. The cost is $ 4.99.US. o am trying purchase it now. I read a little of it . I am liking it already.

Annette | 266 comments I just finished! This story will stick with me for a long time. Such vivid imagery and wonderful dialogue! In my review, I said the story was “Absolutely absurd while totally logical.”

message 15: by Margaret (new) - added it

Annette wrote: "I just finished! This story will stick with me for a long time. Such vivid imagery and wonderful dialogue! In my review, I said the story was “Absolutely absurd while totally logical.”"

Great! I really like the author. I'm looking forward to reading it.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Ardea) | 5 comments I loved this story. The heroine is brave, thoughtful, and kind. She embraces her adventure which is a wonderful change from the cowering damsel in distress usually seen in fairy tales.

Finally finished! It was alright, but I am not a huge fan. It definitely seems to be written for a much younger audience than Bryony and Roses was, even though it's technically geared towards an adult audience.

I'll say more in the spoiler thread.

message 18: by Margaret (new) - added it

I'm a third of the way through, and am enjoying it very much. Like Michelle, I'm finding Summer to be brave, thoughtful, and kind. I also like the weasel sidekick. I'm reading it as straight middle grade.

message 19: by Margaret (new) - added it

Annette wrote: "In my review, I said the story was “Absolutely absurd while totally logical.”"

Very true.

I enjoyed this one. It also fits in with our previous portal theme. Has anyone else read Every Heart a Doorway? In it, portal worlds are labeled on scales--Nonsense, Logical, Wicked, Good. It's interesting trying to label portal worlds. I would call this one Nonsense/Good. If you're curious, here's a little more: https://www.tor.com/2017/11/20/all-th...

I'll post more thoughts in the spoiler thread.