What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Heroine travels Forward in time

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ | 176 comments I've got this itch I can't scratch. I'm looking for romance time-travelling books where the heroine goes forward in time, accidentally or not. I just can't stand the language and stiffness of the past so I'm not looking for Highlander or Victorian style books.

Preferably it's at least a century+ into the future, but beggars can't be choosers. I'd also be willing to read ones where the hero from the future comes to our time if you know one that's really good.

Thank you! :)

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Would you consider a main character traveling to current alternate universes? Some are ahead of our current earth technology and some are behind. But the year and the fact that it’s earth is all the same.
A Thousand Pieces of You

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
How about one where the woman comes back in time to our time to get the man to go with her to the future? My Man, Michael is that book if so. He's a MMA fighter who as the result of a car accident is now forced to retire. She promises that if he comes with her, that he'll be healed. Her colony needs him to help defend them from another colony.

Then there is Sandra Hill's Viking II series which has the members of a family of "Vikings" who all come forward in time to our times. The first one is The Last Viking. The next 2 are each of his two brother's coming forward. The last book, The Very Virile Viking the brother actually brings all but 2 (or maybe just his daughter) of his children with him. The 2 books after that are (I think) about those 2 children (one is a daughter, one a son) coming forward. Then there are some with the boys going back in time and bringing forward someone from that time period that they fall in love with... I think there are like 8 or 9 or 10 books in the series, but some of the later ones are about one of the son's SEAL friends going back and forth to find love interests. And they always come to our time. There is a lot of humour in the later books (as you could guess from the title of the third brother's book.)

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1424 comments There was one about a chicky going back thru a light beam in the window and being mistaken for her lookalike who happens to be the (unwanted) intended of the laird. Later they figure out that to return, you need every modern item you came they with, and they think the lookalike ended up in modern time... The h is of course I love and staying, so they end up sending the local 'witch-ish' forward for a better life, send a message to the h's family and look for the lookalike. So book two & three I think are forward timers.

I think they are part of Shelley Thackers bride in time series. The h in the one I read had a back issue from previously being shot, and her family owns the lairds castle and could never find out who LR was... The relevant H engraved it although the castle for his beloved wife... turns out it's the h's nickname.

message 5: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Jane's Warlord might work for you, the hero comes back to our time from the future trying to catch a killer. And Warrior by the same author looks to have a similar set up though I haven't read it.

Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ | 176 comments The Reading Raccoon wrote: "Would you consider a main character traveling to current alternate universes?"

Absolutely, thanks for the suggestion. :)

Aerulan wrote: "Jane's Warlord might work for you, the hero comes back to our time from the future trying to catch a killer. "

That was a fun book, thanks!

message 7: by Nada (new)

Nada | 26 comments breath of magic by teresa medeiros. h goes foward in time accidentally. Cute storyline

message 9: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Sep 24, 2018 04:49AM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ wrote: "I've got this itch I can't scratch. I'm looking for romance time-travelling books where the heroine goes forward in time, accidentally or not. I just can't stand the language and stiffness of the p..."

A great one is Spirit Warrior (Spirit Pass, #2) by S.E. Smith "Spirit Warrior" by S.E. Smith. It is a romance, but it's the hero who travels forward, rather than the heroine. He's a Native American rancher from the past who comes forward to present day. Actually, there are 2 books in this almost-series with each book about a different brother. The first one "Indiana Wild" is slightly better, but it doesn't take place primarily in the future like "Spirit Warrior" does. The hero's reactions to technology are fairly amusing and quite endearing, and there's nary a highlander in sight!

I have another couple of ideas, but they might be slightly off topic for you if paranormal-romance isn't your jam...

"Bannockburn Binding" Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1) by Tracy Cooper-Posey by Tracy Cooper-Posey is an all-time favorite of mine. It's the 1st in a series about the far future where vampires are the norm and they can all time travel effortlessly. Most of it does take place in the past, but it's slightly different because the heroine spends most of the book teaching him about the science and inventions of the future since the hero is one hell of a brilliant guy. He's certainly not your average highlander. I don't want to give any spoilers so all I'm gonna say is that there IS some travelling forward involved.

Lastly, Karen Chance's Pythia series has some seriously EPIC traveling through time adventures, both forward and backward in a couple of the books, but especially in "Reap the Wind" Reap the Wind (Cassandra Palmer, #7) by Karen Chance .

I'll also second the votes for Jane's Warlord by Angela Knight and My Man, Michael by Lori Foster which were already suggested by a couple of readers.

message 10: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 95 comments MJ wrote: "There was one about a chicky going back thru a light beam in the window and being mistaken for her lookalike who happens to be the (unwanted) intended of the laird. Later they figure out that to re..."

I’ve read this book I can’t remember the title but did enjoy it. I remember the nickname started with an R. I thought it was a stand alone what are the other books in the series?

message 11: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1424 comments Almost certain it was this one. Just looked at the series, and it doesn't look like there's a book for the woman who came forward at the end.

Check out Forever His by Shelly Thacker

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...