The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

Discussion Topics > Should they give The Ferg a girfriend or are you hoping he will get together with Cady?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Should they The Ferg a girlfriend and if so do you ave anyone in mind or are you hoping he and Cady get together?

message 2: by Sierra (new)

Sierra I don't see him and Cady together either. How about Carla Gallo (Daisy Wick) from Bones?

message 3: by Kismet (new)

Kismet | 12 comments I can't see Cady and Ferg's personalities working out. I'd like to see him with someone who recognizes the contributions he makes as deputy (because everyone else seems to overlook them) and can build him up a bit, boost his confidence.

Remember in the first season when Ferg tells Walt he knows he was hired as a favor to his dad, and Walt says that was one reason and the second reason...he's still figuring out. I so want to see a payoff to that sometime. It would be great if, after Ferg did everything right during an investigation, Walt said, while casually walking by him, "This is the second reason."

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Kismet wrote: "I can't see Cady and Ferg's personalities working out. I'd like to see him with someone who recognizes the contributions he makes as deputy (because everyone else seems to overlook them) and can bu..."

I thought they were going in that direction last season when Ferg threw his watch in the bed of the suspects truck and Vic and Branch got on him about it but then he said the watch has GPS and they can track him. Walt smirked as he walked back to his office that Ferg came through. But then this season they made him the buffoon again.

message 5: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Sue wrote: "He knew what he was doing, walking thru Ridges so-called ashes, too. He hopped right onto the pickup bed and waited for Walt to get his knife. The Ferg is sneaky smart."

Yes he knew what he was doing with the watch but sorry but I don't think he knew the ashes would be collected in his boot treads. Walt told him to get in the truck and that he unknowingly collected evidence. I thought his actions at the that crime scene were atrocious. No gloves when picking up Branch's gun and clip. He should know better. He was not treating it as a crime scene at all. Walking trough the ashes showed so much disrespect for what the Cheyenne considered a scared place. This was one of my examples were they were dumbing down Ferg this season.

message 6: by Kismet (new)

Kismet | 12 comments I don't understand what they're doing with Ferg...

message 7: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Prigmore (anthrochick1931) I think Ferg needs someone but not Cady. Cady belongs w/Branch. I really love Fergs car. I have one like it. Course, his in better condition. Maybe they could introduce a new character or something that Ferg could end up with. Cady will always see him as buddy or friend.

message 8: by Sierra (last edited Jul 31, 2014 06:14PM) (new)

Sierra Don't get me started on Ferg's car! Looks good but he's supposed to be a fishermen, outdoors type, living in WY and he drives a car that would go nowhere in snow or would not go off road well. WY gets a lot of snow! He'd never make it to a crime scene in winter. So impractical for where he lives and what he does for a living other than it's fast. I think they just wanted an excuse to have one on set to drive around.

message 9: by Cynde (new)

Cynde Janis | 17 comments I would like to see Ferg with a girlfriend. I agree that Cady is not the one for him. Cady belongs with Branch as long as he remains on the show. The up/down history that Branch has with the other characters on the show makes for good drama. This would be especially true with Walt since Cady would be involved.