Newsletter and Promotion Swap discussion

Please Read First

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcia (last edited May 07, 2018 09:49AM) (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) | 21 comments Mod
To list a promotion:

1. Choose your genre (1 only, please)
2. Start a new post, using your book's title as the subject title.
3. In the post, list your author name, the book's title, description, genre(s), promotion information (regular price, discount price, start and end dates)
4. Include Amazon link.

When you use a title in your newsletter, please reply to the post so the author will know.

If you don't have a newsletter, you can still participate. If an author uses your book in his/her newsletter, please reciprocate by sharing that author's promotion on social media (Twitter, Facebook, your blog).

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie Powell (julie_powell) | 6 comments I don't have a newsletter - tried it but it didn't work out. However, I can post blogs on Goodreads.

message 3: by Darcia (new)

That would be fine, Julie. But I'm wondering if there would be enough interest to bother inviting people. I don't want authors simply posting their books and leaving without ever reciprocating. I've joined two newsletter swap groups, but authors have to pay to include their books. I thought it would be nice to have a free gathering place for this sort of thing.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie Powell (julie_powell) | 6 comments I would post where I could, probably include more than one book per blog. I don't know how others would feel about reciprocating? Being free is good.

Everyone is so busy. I have tried everything to become noticed but nothing really works. Whether or not this would work, I don't know.

I post for authors all the time but don't know if it works for them.

message 5: by Darcia (new)

I have great luck with newsletter swaps, but I'm finding the same people often post in the groups and I'd like more variety. Plus, as you said, free is always good!

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Ping | 2 comments Hi Author here, and absolutely love what you are trying to do.
I have a newsletter, I write PNR mostly and is ready to swap with anyone. It's all in the name, so you help me, I'll help you.

My newsletter is currently around 5k, it's still growing, so let's see what we can do. Good luck to everyone.
REALLY NICE IDEA Darcia.