Devon Book Club discussion

Archive > Sidmouth Reader

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (last edited May 05, 2018 10:28AM) (new)

Matthew (mcsbooks) | 7 comments Hello!

I've been living abroad for a long time now and just returned to Sidmouth. Thought I would pop into this group here and give a quick hello!

I'm an avid reader of literary, fantasy, surreal, fabulist fiction and I have a channel on YouTube in which I talk about books and whatnot. I'm also hoping to find a nice book club to join nearby me, unsure if I should be looking into Exeter or whether theres a nice group here in Sidmouth? Would love to know as I don't really know many people around in this area.

Nice to meet you all.

-Matthew

message 2: by Ian (new)

Ian | 3133 comments Mod
Matthew wrote: "Hello!

I've been living abroad for a long time now and just returned to Sidmouth. Thought I would pop into this group here and give a quick hello!

I'm an avid reader of literary, fantasy, surrea..."

Hi Matthew and welcome. Worth checking with the local library as they have a list of all bookclubs in the area; also Winstones Bookshop in Sidmouth does a huge amount and is one of the moving forces behind the literary festival. You will also find Devon Book Club on Facebook and Twitter - so feel free to link up there as well and I am sure you will find many who share your interests. If you are free next Saturday we have an event 1.30-3.30 at Liznojan Books in Tiverton (see the events thread for details) - all are welcome and it would be great to meet you - a number of writers will be present, including those who write fantasy.

Be great if you could keep us up to date with your You Tube channel and any other news - welcome once again.

Ian

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Donovan (whatemmadidnextuk) | 2 comments Hey Matthew,

I am in Sidmouth and run a book club too - would love to have you come along and see if it is a fit? We are all women at the moment and mostly read Crime / Thrillers but I am a fan of SFF so would happily start a second club to fulfil that in Sidmouth as I am sure there are others that would come along (I know a couple already)!

I also have a book blog and am keen to start a Booktube channel - we seem to have a lot in common ...!

Without wishing to sound all eager, fancy a coffee and a book chat one day? Even if the book club isn't the right fit it would be amazing to meet another book nerd in Sidmouth!

Emma
emma@readingonabudget.co.uk
07479 501951

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (mcsbooks) | 7 comments Thank you, Ian! I shall look into joining for the event on Saturday (just got to figure out the public transport system to Tiverton!!)

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (mcsbooks) | 7 comments This is fantastic, Emma! I shall send you an e-mail now :D

message 6: by Ian (new)

Ian | 3133 comments Mod
Matthew wrote: "Thank you, Ian! I shall look into joining for the event on Saturday (just got to figure out the public transport system to Tiverton!!)"

that would be great. See you then hopefully

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian | 3133 comments Mod
Matthew wrote: "This is fantastic, Emma! I shall send you an e-mail now :D"

I love it when this network connects people.