Catholic Lifetime Reading List discussion

The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
This topic is about The Two Towers
7 views
The Two Towers > The Two Towers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley | 92 comments Mod
Here is where we discuss Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.


Ashley | 92 comments Mod
I'm a few chapters in. Gandalf is back!! Hooray!!! I really loved his perspective when he was telling the company about the Ents. "Aren't they dangerous?" Gimli asked. Gandalf proceeded to explain how he himself, Aragorn, Legolas, and even Gimli could be considered dangerous by some. It just depends on what side you are on.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about Smeagle/Golemn in the upcoming chapters!


Ashley | 92 comments Mod
I'm still reading this! I think this is going to take me awhile to get through because I'm reading other books at the moment at the same time. But I want to TRY to finish it by the end of July!


message 4: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 9 comments Hi, Ashley. The Twin Towers was my favorite of the trilogy. Sam is such a beloved figure, don't you think?

After I finished all three books, we watched the films. Director Peter Jackson did an excellent job. The scenery was thrilling; I believe the entire series was filmed in New Zealand.

Bishop Robert Barron discusses The Lord of the Rings in several videos on You Tube. You might enjoy his insights. Also, I read that Amazon Prime is going to bring the trilogy to video. The intention is to develop characters and story lines that the movies just couldn't get to. This series will be filmed in New Zealand, also, with Peter Jackson assisting at points. Amazon is investing 500 million dollars in this project (that figure makes one gasp), but the good news about the steep price is that Amazon intends to turn out a first-class product.

Please let us know what you think of the ending of Part Two.


Ashley | 92 comments Mod
Frances wrote: "Hi, Ashley. The Twin Towers was my favorite of the trilogy. Sam is such a beloved figure, don't you think?

After I finished all three books, we watched the films. Director Peter Jackson did an exc..."


Oh my gosh that is SO exciting about the Amazon Prime series!! I can't wait! I will keep you updated when I finish the book!


message 6: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 9 comments Ashley, this weekend I noticed articles starting to appear on the internet about the LOTR series coming to Amazon Prime. Just google: Amazon Prime Lord Of The Rings and I am confident you can see a great deal of new material, too.


Ashley | 92 comments Mod
Frances wrote: "Ashley, this weekend I noticed articles starting to appear on the internet about the LOTR series coming to Amazon Prime. Just google: Amazon Prime Lord Of The Rings and I am confident you can see a..."

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!


message 8: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 9 comments Ashley, Can you get hold of a copy of today's (7/31) WSJ? On page A 13 there's a large article on J.J. R. Tolkien that I think you'd really enjoy.


Ashley | 92 comments Mod
Frances wrote: "Ashley, Can you get hold of a copy of today's (7/31) WSJ? On page A 13 there's a large article on J.J. R. Tolkien that I think you'd really enjoy."

I will look for that! Thanks!


back to top