Why Christianity? discussion

Other worldviews and beliefs > With all of the different religions, how can I know which one is correct?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chad (new)

Chad (chadjohnson) | 63 comments With all of the different religions, how can I know which one is correct?

Is it possible to be absolutely certain that Christianity is the one religion that will actually send people of faith to heaven?

message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle | 469 comments Mod
Yes.

message 3: by Rod (new)

Did you want more?

message 4: by Rod (new)

Great discussion topic.
I've been working on this for a few years. Here's my challenge:

Put all of the World's belief systems before you... put on your Sherlock Holmes hat. Now look for clues. Hint, atheism is not a default point. It must explain and answer questions as well.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments Chad - all religions take Faith. Faith does not include certainty so, know matter how fervently Rod believes, he's not certain of anything salvation wise. I believe just as fervently as anyone in the dictates of Christianity and that it is the most rational and just of religions. However, if you want certainty stick to "a straight line is the shortest distance between two points."

message 6: by Chad (last edited May 05, 2018 09:22PM) (new)

Chad (chadjohnson) | 63 comments Robert wrote: "Chad - all religions take Faith. Faith does not include certainty so, know matter how fervently Rod believes, he's not certain of anything salvation wise. I believe just as fervently as anyone in t..."

There is a component of faith in all religions... even atheism. But I believe we can be certain of our faith. We most certainly can be certain of our salvation.

God wants us to have assurance of our salvation. We should not live our Christian lives wondering and worrying each day whether or not we are truly saved. That is why the Bible makes the plan of salvation so clear. Believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Acts 16:31). “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). Have you repented? Do you believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins and rose again from the dead (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21)? Do you trust Him alone for salvation? If your answer to these questions is “yes,” you are saved! Assurance means freedom from doubt. By taking God’s Word to heart, you can have no doubt about the reality of your eternal salvation.

But this begs the question... how can we be certain that it's not all a hoax. How can we be certain that the Bible versus I just quoted will actually send those who believe them, to heaven? Do all religions lead to the same place? The name of this group is Why Christianity?... so Why is Christianity right and all others wrong?

message 7: by Rod (new)

I'm not a Christian because of miracles in the Bible - but because of the normal everyday stuff in it: it explains life perfectly.
From that I see the miraculous.

This is where all other religions fail: the family, love, sin, truth, violence