The Friendly Book Cave 2020 discussion

Book Discussions Folder > The Raven Cycle

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Creative Orange, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) | 2638 comments Mod
The Raven Cycle is for those who are really obsessed with this book. Please be free to talk about it in this discussion.

message 2: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) Yess! Well hello, since I'm the first one to comment haha

I'm currently on book 4, and dying because of it. Ronan is my favourite character so far!

Which one of the Raven Boys is yours?

message 3: by Creative Orange, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

Adam Parrish

message 4: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) Adam is so sweet! I really liked the whole plot around his father, and then around him being the "hands and eyes" of Cabeswater.
I still don't know how he'll end (I suppose with Ronan, but what will happen with Cabeswater??) and I can't wait to find out.

message 5: by Creative Orange, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

Me too and he is really reflective of me.

message 6: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) Really? I’m much more of a Ronan x Gansey kind of person 😅
I love it when we can relate to characters. It makes the book so much better.

message 7: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) You make a page on Raven Cycle and you don't tell me?!

message 8: by Creative Orange, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

Well, I should have informed this to everyone.

message 9: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) yes

message 10: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) Hi Lisa!! Are you obsessed with TRC as well?? (I guess so seeing your comment haha) I’m so glad I can finally talk to people about it! My friends and family aren’t much into reading so... yep.

message 11: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) Hi Audrey! Yes I love TRC!

message 12: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) Who’s your favourite character in the series? :)

message 13: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) It kept changing throughout the series. In the last book it was Gansey >o< HE DIED THEN CAME BACK I don't know why that made me love him

message 14: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) I love Gansey too!!

message 15: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) I lov e the Gray Man!!!! They just left him out there *sniffles*

message 16: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) Same! Also, I wonder what he became, it's unclear if he got out of Aglionby or not??

Oh, and can we talk about Blue and Ronan's friendship? He dreamed a whole CAR for her to match Gansey's, and that's, like, amazing.

message 17: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) awwww, that was cute. I also loved Noah and Blue's friendship too but he kinda got weird at the end.

message 18: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) I agree. And when we knew it was him who told Gansey about Glendower "saving" him... I really didn't expect that.

message 19: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) Me neither. And umm uh what's her name. Uhhh I'm gonna get real mad when I figure out. That old lady in the first one ummmmmmmmmmmmm I can't remember! Nar-Nad-I don't know. Anyways when she came back at the end of the 3rd one I was like WOOAAAAHHH

message 20: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) Old lady in the first one?? I have to say I don't remember her, ugh I'm a shame. I just remember Neeve (is it the one? please let it be the one, or else I'm going to freak out the whole night about the character I missed)

message 21: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) Yeah I think her name was Neeve. She was weird, I didn't like her. And Greentmantle He was kinda funny even though he was bad.

message 22: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) I didn’t like her either. The only time I thought she was ok was when she told the woman at 300 Fox Way about the demon.

I agree! I also thought his relationship with Piper was weird. They didn’t seem to be together at all!

message 23: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) yeah, and Piper was weird too. When you think about it they were all weird

message 24: by addie (new)

addie !! (kittyong) You’re right 😂 But that’s what makes the series so good

message 25: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) Yeah