Flower Mound Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Topics > Overarching Question

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgan_norman) | 85 comments Mod
How do our favorite books about self-discovery help us navigate our life’s journey?

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue | 3 comments Mod
There is nothing quite so surprising and satisfying as reading a book and identifying with a character because you share a trait, an experience or a belief that until now, you thought you were the only one. A big one for me was Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird, when her teacher disapproved of how she had learned to read, and told her to stop. Thank goodness Atticus, and in my case, my mother, said to read whatever we wanted and keep it a secret from the disapproving teacher!

message 3: by Morgan (last edited May 24, 2018 11:03AM) (new)

Morgan (morgan_norman) | 85 comments Mod
I agree completely, Sue! I am rereading Anne of Green Gables and was reminded of how much I identified with Anne as a child and even now as an adult. Like Anne, I had a big imagination when I was little, and sometimes I felt as if other people didn’t quite understand. Ultimately, Anne’s passion and zeal for life transforms the lives of those around her for the better. Her story serves as a great reminder to embrace the traits that make you unique and to appreciate the small joys in life.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.