Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

BOOKS > Classics!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
What are everyone's fav classics?

I read Dracula recently does that count?

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Olivia wrote: "What are everyone's fav classics?

I read Dracula recently does that count?"

Of course it does! Read it too. Liked Frankenstein better though....

message 3: by EndlessPages (new)

Susy wrote: "Olivia wrote: "What are everyone's fav classics?

Of course it does! Read it too. Liked Frankenstein better though...."

I should give that one a go! Have you read the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Olivia wrote: "Susy wrote: "I should give that one a go! Have you read the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde? "

No not yet, on my TBR :)

message 5: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 13 comments I majored in literature both in college (the last two years of high school here), and at university. So... I took a LONG break from reading the classics because I'd overdosed on them!

However, there are a lot of well-known authors whose work I've never read, and now I'm going back to the older books.

I did a whole six-month study unit just on Hamlet. Not that I can remember much now!

message 6: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 13 comments Olivia wrote: "What are everyone's fav classics?

Dracula is from the Victorian era. It is *definitely* a classic book. :)

message 7: by EndlessPages (new)

Natalia Heaney wrote: "Olivia wrote: "What are everyone's fav classics?

Dracula is from the Victorian era. It is *definitely* a classic book. :)"

awesomee

message 8: by fireside reads (new)

fireside reads (firesidereads) | 5 comments Honestly my favorite "classic" book would have to be a series. Anne Of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

I grew up reading her stories and fell in love with the characters. I connected with Anne so much. This is my most treasured series too lol

Fell in love with both the 1934 ( Dawn O'Day ) the 1985 ( Megan Follows) films

message 9: by EndlessPages (new)

Deidre(Dee) ~ Official Bookworm ~ wrote: "Jane Eyre, which is the only classic that I've loved to date. I have always wanted to read Jules Verne's books, but just haven't had the courage to start them."

DO IT!!!

message 10: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) I’m obsessed with Les Miserables. My next favorite is Rebecca.

message 11: by EndlessPages (new)

Audrey wrote: "I’m obsessed with Les Miserables. My next favorite is Rebecca."

I have heard Rebecca is good!

message 12: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) Olivia wrote: “Audrey wrote: “I’m obsessed with Les Miserables. My next favorite is Rebecca.”

I have heard Rebecca is good!”

Yeah, it’s like a psychological haunting with a Gothic vibe.

message 13: by EndlessPages (new)

Audrey wrote: "Olivia wrote: “Audrey wrote: “I’m obsessed with Les Miserables. My next favorite is Rebecca.”

I have heard Rebecca is good!”

Yeah, it’s like a psychological haunting with a Gothic vibe."

I like the sound of that!

message 14: by dolly (new)

dolly (cryptided) | 12 comments i love anything by the bronte sisters, especially Wuthering Heights and Agnes Grey

i also loved the three musketeers and i read dracula twice in one month once. i just finished my first read of it and immediately started over i loved it so much lol

and i'm big into daphne du maurier right now. rebecca is definitely my favorite so far though.

and idk if this counts as a classic, it was written in 1940s i think? but I Capture the Castle was amazing.

oh and The Scarlet Pimpernel i read in high school and fell in love with!! probably my favorite school assigned read

i didn't mean to mention so many i just really love classics ajdvkdna

message 15: by Nahari (new)

Nahari Lippman | 4 comments One of the all time classics is All Quiet on the Western Front It may be set in WWI but its message about warfare is timeless.

message 17: by Marti (new)

Marti The best classic I've read is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. It's one of the first books I read as a kid and one of the reasons why I fell in love with reading.

message 18: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (florens) | 2 comments I absolutely love Jane Eyre! And I am slightly obsessed with the BBC mini TV-series adaptation of the book as well, have seen it more times than I care to admit haha.

message 19: by Owain (new)

Owain (thedamned) | 8 comments The Monk is worth a read, was pretty good from what I remember.