The Bee's Bookshelf discussion

The Doublecross: And Other Skills I Learned as a Superspy
This topic is about The Doublecross
The Doublecross (May 2018) > The Doublecross Discussion

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Molly Becker (mdbecker) | 143 comments Mod
Hey, everyone! Welcome to May! We'll use this space to discuss our favorite moments, words and characters from The Doublecross. I can't wait to hear your thoughts about this month's book!

Kennedy | 40 comments I'm excited to read it!

Kennedy wrote: "I'm excited to read it!"

Yay! We can't wait to hear what you think!

Kennedy | 40 comments I just finished it- loved it!

Kennedy wrote: "I just finished it- loved it!"

Yay, that's awesome! I'm so glad you liked the book! Do you think you'll read the next one in the series, The Inside Job?

message 6: by Arnav (new)

Arnav Jain | 17 comments I also finished it and it was really good!!! I really hope that I can get the next book if this is a series.

Arnav wrote: "I also finished it and it was really good!!! I really hope that I can get the next book if this is a series."

Hey, Arnav—I'm so glad you liked the book! What was your favorite part? I think mine was when Hale joined the ballet class. This book does have a sequel (it's called The Inside Job). I can't wait to read it!

message 8: by Arnav (last edited May 10, 2018 05:33AM) (new)

Arnav Jain | 17 comments I'm pretty sure that my favorite part is when Hale finds out that Oleander is really in disguise as Alex Creevy, an SRS agent because it totally changes everything that the fake director of The League is an elite top secret super spy supporting SRS. I also want to know if there is another book in the series after The Inside Job.

Arnav wrote: "I'm pretty sure that my favorite part is when Hale finds out that Oleander is really in disguise as Alex Creevy, an SRS agent because it totally changes everything that the fake director of The Lea..."

I totally agree with you about how finding out about Oleander changes everything—I loved that plot twist and I didn't see it coming at all.

I don't think there's another book after The Inside Job yet, but maybe the author is planning on writing another! I hope so!

Kennedy | 40 comments Really, I was furious at her! How could she betray me like this?!? : (
But it WAS good to the story.

message 11: by Arnav (new)

Arnav Jain | 17 comments I just finished The Inside Job and think it was amazing. If anyone hears about a new book that's a sequel to The Inside Job by Jackson Pearce, please notify me about that so I can read that book because (1 I really like to read & (2 I really like to read novels and stories about spies and detectives.

Arnav wrote: "I just finished The Inside Job and think it was amazing. If anyone hears about a new book that's a sequel to The Inside Job by Jackson Pearce, please notify me about that so I can read that book be..."

Hey, Arnav! I'm so glad you liked the book so much! I don't know if there's going to be a sequel to The Inside Job, but I hope so. What other spy or detective stories have you read? Some that I've heard are really good are The Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz and The Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart.

message 13: by Arnav (new)

Arnav Jain | 17 comments I have read some books from the Hardy boys and I have also read A to Z mysteries.

Arnav wrote: "I have read some books from the Hardy boys and I have also read A to Z mysteries."

Those are both great mystery series! I personally love the Nancy Drew mysteries, as well. If you like the Hardy Boys, I bet you'll like those.

message 15: by Arnav (new)

Arnav Jain | 17 comments I think I will like the Nancy Drew books very much because they are suggestions of them at the end of all of the Hardy Boys books in the whole series. I can’t wait for June to come so I can read your next book and post another comment about it,

Kennedy | 40 comments Arnav wrote: "I also finished it and it was really good!!! I really hope that I can get the next book if this is a series."

So, what did you rate it?

message 17: by Kennedy (last edited May 26, 2018 06:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kennedy | 40 comments Arnav wrote: "I think I will like the Nancy Drew books very much because they are suggestions of them at the end of all of the Hardy Boys books in the whole series. I can’t wait for June to come so I can read yo..."

Yes, Nancy Drew is great! Also, if you like Mystery, you might like Curiosity house by Lauren Oliver and H. C. Chester. The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier is good too. Has anyone read Dragons Green by Scarlett Thomas? That's good too.

message 18: by Arnav (new)

Arnav Jain | 17 comments I would rate it a 5 star because I like books about spies.

Kennedy | 40 comments Nice. So have you read any of the books I listed?

message 20: by Reese (new)

Reese | 2 comments I literally just sent a screenshot of all the books on this bookshelf to myself to check them out ;)

Arnav wrote: "I think I will like the Nancy Drew books very much because they are suggestions of them at the end of all of the Hardy Boys books in the whole series. I can’t wait for June to come so I can read yo..."

Hey, Arnav! I hope you're excited to read June's book club pick: Chasing Space by Leland Melvin. It's our first nonfiction selection and it's fascinating. The full email with details will go out later today. Let us know what you think!

Kennedy wrote: "Yes, Nancy Drew is great! Also, if you like Mystery, you might like Curiosity house by Lauren Oliver and H. C. Chester. The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier is good too. Has anyone read Dragons Green by Scarlett Thomas? That's good too."

These are such great suggestions, Kennedy! I'm adding all of them to my to-read shelf right now.

Reese wrote: "I literally just sent a screenshot of all the books on this bookshelf to myself to check them out ;)"

Hey, Reese! Let us know if you read any of our past books and what you think of them!