What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

I Love Rock 'n' Roll (Except When I Hate It): Extremely Important Stuff about the Songs and Bands You Love, Hate, Love to Hate, and Hate to Love
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Guide to music for people who don’t like it. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosa (last edited Sep 17, 2018 07:49PM) (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments This was actually a humorous, nonfiction guide to rock by a man who clearly loved it but had his frustrations with it. Its title was something about not liking music, or not being a fan. I remember him complaining about people who say “The Beatles” when he asks them what music they like. “Of course you like the Beatles. Everyone likes the Beatles. I meant besides The Beatles.” Like that.
I read it in a Florida used bookstore, I believe, 2009-2012.

message 3: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Thank you, Zenta. I’ll mark this as “Possibly solved” until I can get a copy to see.

message 5: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments I found that myself, and it was inconclusive.

message 6: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Okay, I found the passage I remembered. This is it. Thank you very much, Zenta! How did you find it?

message 7: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments And to any mod who's reading this: "nonfiction" is one word. Might you edit the name of this shelf? Thank you.