Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

BOOKS > Reading slump tips?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Here’s where you can suggest tips for getting out of a reading slump? Or perhaps a book that helped? A book that helped me out of my massiveeeee slump was six of crows... would highly recommend :)

message 2: by Kylie (new)

Kylie ~Beauty and the Books~ | 1 comments Help! I’m stuck in a slump and I can’t get out. I keep picking up books, but they don’t capture my attention! Will someone please recommend me a book that can help me get out of it 😩

message 3: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 13 comments Usually when this happens to me it's because I've been reading too many books in the same genre. I tend to go crazy over one sort of book for a few months, and then get sick of them!

When I can't find anything new to read I go and reread old favourites.

CrazyAsACupcake I always try and read something that I read and loved before (The Book Thief is always my go to choice) because then I'll want to read it because I know I like it, and when I finish that I can start on new books :)

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) I recommend just don’t read for a few days – binge out on TV and video gaming or shopping or whatever. Or read something fast, like children’s books.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) I like to start with short, happy books, or sometimes even short stories. Getting that sense of accomplishment after you finish one helps you get back into the swing of things.
Begin, End, Begin: A #LoveOzYA Anthology was quite good for this.

message 7: by EndlessPages (new)

CrazyAsACupcake wrote: "I always try and read something that I read and loved before (The Book Thief is always my go to choice) because then I'll want to read it because I know I like it, and when I finish th..."

Yeah I find this too!

message 8: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) I usually just take a break and watch some Friends or the Office and then pick up something I know I have been wanting to read

message 9: by EndlessPages (new)

Sanah wrote: "I usually just take a break and watch some Friends or the Office and then pick up something I know I have been wanting to read"

Good advice :)))

message 10: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Natalia Heaney wrote: "Usually when this happens to me it's because I've been reading too many books in the same genre. I tend to go crazy over one sort of book for a few months, and then get sick of them!

When I can't ..."

I love your profile picture Natalia.

message 11: by Creative Orange (last edited May 23, 2018 05:29PM) (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) If I don't know what to read next I always go to my local library. The library has a shelf on new releases.

I would also reread the old books I have read before.

I would advice other hobbies you are into such as watching TV.

I would also take a break for a while.