What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Suggest books for me > Books in which hero has a traumatized child

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (last edited May 01, 2018 11:00AM) (new)

Zoe | 61 comments Please help
I want to read contemporary romance books with plot or theme in which hero has a traumatized child who has stopped speaking due to his or her mother's death or as mother left and heroine as a nanny or friend helps hero to care for the child and also due to her love the child starts to speak again.
Please help me find this themed books.

message 2: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 61 comments Help!!!
Please help!!!

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jun 04, 2018 06:12PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
Zoe, this isn't a really popular trope I guess. I can only think of 2 books with the "Traumatized child" theme (mainly because I tend to cry and get very depressed when children are hurt/ill in a book) and neither have the child stop speaking.

One Heiress for Hire the H doesn't know about the child until after her mother's death, and she's gone bald from nerves and mistreatment by her mother's boyfriend (or possibly second or third husband. Sorry, it's been a while since I read this one.) The h is the heiress in the title but she's been cut off by her Dad who wants her to do something more than shop and party. She and the girl become first friends, then they love each other.

The other one, again the H didn't know about the baby until after the mother died, but the child is a baby who is suffering from unloved (or possibly unheld) syndrome that babies who have no stability and love go through. And I'm sorry, but I can not for the life of me remember what that one is called. If you want to look at my library, feel free, but I will warn you, it's a bit on the big side. (I'm nearing 5k books that I've been able to definitely ID and list, while there are probably that many more that I'm discovering as I go along. Plus of course, the reading that I do in my daily life.)

message 4: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 61 comments Moderator can you please delete this post.
Thank you!!

message 5: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 14 comments I don't know the name of the book, but that's the premise of the film Corrina, Corrina.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Zoe wrote: "Moderator can you please delete this post.
Thank you!!"

Do you want the thread closed? We can do that if you no longer want suggestions.

We don't generally delete whole threads unless there is some good reason to.

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 61 comments Yes I would like to have it closed.
If you can delete it please delete it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.