Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Nominations Open - Group Read for June 2018

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments What book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to have as our Group Read in June 2018?

If it's in a series, can it be easily read as a stand-alone? If not, you might want to nominate the first book in the series, or the most recent book in it the group has not read together.

Can't remember what we've already read as a group? (Sometimes I can't, either.) There's a "group-reads" shelf on the group's Bookshelf.

Two nominations to a person, please.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 107 comments I will nominate Amy Robsart A Life and Its End by Christine Hartweg and Queen of This Realm (Queens of England, #2) by Jean Plaidy .

message 3: by Kathryne (new)

Kathryne Jane Seymour by Alison Weir. it comes out this month.

message 4: by Kathryne (new)

Kathryne Henry 's Last Love by David Baldwin

message 5: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Casas | 69 comments Elizabeth I by Helen Castor.
Game of Queens by Sarah Gristwood.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments We read Game of Queens: The Women Who Made Sixteenth-Century Europe in November/December 2016.

So you still have a nomination left, Carolina.

message 7: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Casas | 69 comments Mary Tudor by David Loades

message 8: by Skye (new)

Skye | 484 comments I am trying so hard to find a book or two to nominate.

message 9: by Dori (new)

Dori (dorifritzinger) | 18 comments I nominating

Tudor: Passion, Manipulation, Murder - by de Lisle Leandae

To Hold the Crown - by Jean Plaidy

message 10: by Skye (new)

Skye | 484 comments I like Jean Plaidy, too!

message 11: by *TUDOR^QUEEN* (new)

*TUDOR^QUEEN*  (tudorqueen) | 35 comments I will nominate Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen Jane Seymour The Haunted Queen (Six Tudor Queens, #3) by Alison Weir which will be released on May 16th.

message 12: by *TUDOR^QUEEN* (new)

*TUDOR^QUEEN*  (tudorqueen) | 35 comments As a second nomination, I'd like to put forth The Other Boleyn Girl The Other Boleyn Girl (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #9) by Philippa Gregory .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments Kathryne already nominated Weir's Jane Seymour; so if you want to make another nomination you can, Tudor Queen.

message 15: by Skye (new)

Skye | 484 comments The Raven's Widow has been on my TBR and it sure sounds good!
I second this one, Susannah.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments If anyone still has a nomination to make, now is a good time - I'll probably be starting the poll tomorrow.

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan (suereadsbooks) I will nominate
Margaret Tudor Queen of Scots: The Life of Henry VIIIs Sister by Sarah-Beth Watkins
and
La Reine Blanche: Mary Tudor a Life in Letters by Sarah Bryson
I have not read either authors before but the lives of Henry's sisters are very interesting.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments And I will nominate Firedrake's Eye by Patricia Finney, and Elizabeth's London: Everyday Life in Elizabethan London by Liza Picard.

And with that I will close nominations. The poll should be open shortly.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments The poll is now open. You'll find it at the bottom of the group's Home page, at the top of the group's Polls page, or here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments The winner was Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen, by Alison Weir.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1979 comments We'll be discussing it here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... .