Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Nominations open for June 2018 group read

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Brenda | 9901 comments Mod
Now that our read for May has been decided, it's time for everyone to nominate a book for our June 2018 read.

We've changed the criteria for the monthly reads that we had for 2017. For our 2018 monthly reads we will do a different country per month. For June's read we are looking for books set in Antarctica

So - nominate a crime/mystery/thriller/suspense book set in Antarctica for our June read. True crime or cosy mysteries are included in this :)

NOTE: Only the beginning of a series (if a series) please :)

This thread will be open until 10th May, then our nominations will go to the vote:) Good luck and happy choosing!

Authors and publishers, please don't nominate your own work!

message 2: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

I'd like to nominate Thirst by L.A. Larkin Thirst by L.A. Larkin

message 5: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new)

message 6: by Kylie H (new)

Kylie H | 930 comments Excellent choices so far!! I can't think of a worthy addition.

message 7: by Kerri_M (new)

Kerri_M | 698 comments This is a tough one, I don’t think I have anything on my TBR, so will have to google......

message 8: by Tim (new)

Tim | 1 comments Phrynne wrote: "Ice Station by Matthew Reilly Ice Station (Shane Schofield, #1) by Matthew Reilly"

I second Ice Station. A ripper read from one of Australia's best thriller writers.

message 9: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 134 comments Ice Station was definitely fun to read!

Lee at ReadWriteWish (leeatreadwritewish) | 190 comments I have already read it, but Out of the Iceby Ann Turner would be great for this category.

Out of the Ice by Ann Turner

message 11: by Rob (last edited May 01, 2018 05:22AM) (new)

Rob | 635 comments I'd like to nominate Beneath the Dark Ice Beneath the Dark Ice (Alex Hunter, #1) by Greig Beck by Greig Beck
As luck would have it he is a A.A.

message 12: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Lee wrote: "I have already read it, but Out of the Iceby Ann Turner would be great for this category.

Out of the Ice by Ann Turner"

I loved this one Lee!

message 13: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Rob wrote: "I'd like to nominate Beneath the Dark Ice Beneath the Dark Ice (Alex Hunter, #1) by Greig Beck by Greig Beck
As luck would have it he is a A.A."

Nice one Rob!

message 14: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Holloway | 54 comments Lee wrote: "I have already read it, but Out of the Iceby Ann Turner would be great for this category.

Out of the Ice by Ann Turner"

Me too, Lee. I second your nomination!

message 15: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 3 comments I am not 100% sure whether this will fulfil the categories for (i) Antarctic - it is partly set in the Artic - nor (ii)crime/mystery as it is a moral dilemma but not sure that it is a crime! So that said please discount it if it doesn't fit but it is an interesting read The Curiosity by Stephen P. Kiernan

message 16: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

It certainly sounds different Rachael! But it's sci fi/fantasy so doesn't fit. But thanks for bringing it to the attention of fantasy lovers :)

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 1102 comments I'd like to nominate: Devour by L.A. Larkin Devour by L.A. Larkin

message 18: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 3 comments Brenda wrote: "It certainly sounds different Rachael! But it's sci fi/fantasy so doesn't fit. But thanks for bringing it to the attention of fantasy lovers :)"

It was interesting Brenda and although I read it a while ago I still think about the concepts.

I seem to be on a roll with things that don't quite "fit" as I have just realised that one of my books for the annual challenge doesn't fit the criteria either and I will need to swap it out (I used a book set in a country I hadn't visited; instead of the author coming from a country I hadn't visited) sigh!

message 19: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Haha! Never mind - at least you got to read another book :)

message 20: by Alex (new)

Alex Cantone Never realised there were so many; but I remember one of dad's books from when I was small Ice Station Zebra by Alistair MacLean.

message 21: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

That was a good one Alex! An oldie but a goodie 👌

message 22: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new)

Phrynne | 3963 comments Mod
Brenda wrote: "That was a good one Alex! An oldie but a goodie 👌"

Oh yes it was definitely a goodie!

message 23: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Only a short time until nominations close if you want to add any more to the list :)

message 24: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new)

Nominations have closed with polls for voting opened - https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.