Stephen King 2022 read-along discussion

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
This topic is about The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
26 views
April 2018 Discussions > I read the book! Questions...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited May 01, 2018 01:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 180 comments Mod
I'm so excited to have been able to finish a book with you guys. I have some questions for you.

1. My friend Ashley here on Goodreads, mentioned that this book kind of reminded her of a YA Gerald's Game by Stephen King . Do you agree?
-my thoughts... it totally has the same vibe. We have a girl who is struggling in a life or death situation. She uses inner voices to help her figure out what to do next. There is also a supernatural creature watching her. At first, only by moonlight, but then later he shows himself. He is the "Grim Ripper" or the god of death to take her. He's just waiting like a vulture for her to die.

2. In this day and age, how well do you think the youth would fare if lost in the woods?
- I work with 3rd and 4th graders everyday. Watching them just in a school environment, I couldn't see most of them doing as well as Trisha did. Even my own kids would probably parish in a few days. Which makes me really want to get out there and learn about edible vegetation in our area. I'm obsessed with watching my children while we are hiking, but you never know what could happen.

3. What do you think of survival stories? Do you love them? Hate them?
- I find them super fascinating. Do you have anymore recommendations for survival stories that you think I might enjoy?


message 2: by Perfumegirl (new)

Perfumegirl | 3 comments Melissa wrote: "I'm so excited to have been able to finish a book with you guys. I have some questions for you.

1. My friend Ashely here on Goodreads, mentioned that this book kind of reminded her of a YA [bookc..."


3. Have you read The Child Finder ~ its kind of a survival story but totally different from this one, its good but I did have a few problems with it, but still worth a read.


Ashley Smith | 176 comments Mod
Yay! So glad I'm not the only one who made the connection! lol It's weird that I've never heard of anyone comparing the two books but it totally makes sense! Most of the time I'm not a huge fan of survival books (mostly because I know I would die the first day, lol definitely not an outdoor-sy person) but I actually really liked this one! Gerald's Game definitely creeped me out a lot more. I still have nightmares about the "supernatural" entity watching her in that one.


message 4: by Markie (new)

Markie Hicks (markielynnhicksaolcom) | 18 comments Loved the girl who loved tom gordan five stars couldn't see anything wrong lol and I loved the ending it gave me the feels


Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 180 comments Mod
Ashley wrote: "Yay! So glad I'm not the only one who made the connection! lol It's weird that I've never heard of anyone comparing the two books but it totally makes sense! Most of the time I'm not a huge fan of ..."

Yep the nightmares has nothing to do with her hand right?!? Teehee!


Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 180 comments Mod
Markie wrote: "Loved the girl who loved tom gordan five stars couldn't see anything wrong lol and I loved the ending it gave me the feels"

I really really enjoyed this book.


Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 180 comments Mod
Perfumegirl wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I'm so excited to have been able to finish a book with you guys. I have some questions for you.

1. My friend Ashely here on Goodreads, mentioned that this book kind of reminded he..."


I'll definitely look up The Child Finder. Thank you!


Ashley Smith | 176 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Yay! So glad I'm not the only one who made the connection! lol It's weird that I've never heard of anyone comparing the two books but it totally makes sense! Most of the time I'm not..."

Oh God I blocked that out Missy! lol


Suzanne (buffy21) | 8 comments I loved it


back to top