The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1) The Eye of the World question

can beginners read this series?
Manish Bharti Manish Apr 29, 2018 11:44PM
Can a beginner reader like me read "The Wheel of Time" series? I'm currently reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, and i understand much of it. I have read books like "The Alchemist", "The Invisible Man", and "Catch 22". Please tell me, i really want to read this series and don't want to spend much time on finding meaning of words.

You will have no trouble at all with reading these books. The verbiage is quite normal, and the books themselves are exceptional!

What exactly do you mean by a 'beginner'? Everyone is a beginner of a series before they read it. Whatever you mean by it I'd say yes, anyone can read this series. If I was going to introduce anyone into the fantasy genre I'd recommend the Wheel of Time. It's fantastic. Not hard to read.

This series was the first I stopped reading and removed from my collection as a long time fantasy reader after 7 or 8 books into the series. Why? When you start reading a series you start liking the main characters and want to know more about their adventures. Unfortunately, the author changed the characters in a way that they no longer resembled the ones introduced in the beginning and it made put down the series.