Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
This topic is about Three Dark Crowns
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Three Dark Crowns (#1) by Kendare Blake—> Start Date June 25th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

P.O.G | 219 comments Join us to read Three Dark Crowns

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for making the thread. I ended up getting myself in a bit of a pickle because I tried looking for a buddy in two groups. Once you responded I went to the other group and noticed that someone else also wanted to buddy read the book in that group. Long story short is there anyway we could move this buddy read to the end of May? I totally understand if that doesn't work for you and I'm happy to still discuss it with you or reread the book when we do our buddy read. Sorry and thanks for understanding.

message 3: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Hello! I actually saw that someone wanted to read Three Dark Crowns in the Want A Reading Buddy? folder a few times before and I was a little bit sad to see that you planned to start it in June as I needed to read it before then for a challenge. But then I received a notification and am now seeing that it might be moved to May. I'm only a couple of sentences in and I'd probably need to hold it for my other buddy reads anyway so if this is going to be moved sometime next month, I'll be happy to read with you guys! If you'd let me, that is.

P.O.G | 219 comments Guys I can’t do may. I’m bust till end of June. That’s why I was happy to read this with y’all

message 5: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Aw. Darn. I need to have it done by the end of May (‘cause June is also finals month) but maybe Abbigail might still find time? But like she said, I’d be really happy to reread the book in with you in June, or just talk about it if you want. I’m really sorry for troubling you!

message 6: by P.O.G (last edited Apr 30, 2018 01:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

P.O.G | 219 comments Ahw man... this sucks... I was so excited to buddy read it and the time abbigail propose was perfect for me

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really sorry. Like I said I'm willing to reread it at the end of June and I'm still willing to discuss it with you then.

message 8: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments I double checked and I tried compromising with the challenge but May is my final due date. I'm really sorry. Abbigail, would you still like to read it with me? And Esther, are you still planning to start it on June 25th? I'm packed with finals at that time but I think I'd still be able to reread/discuss the book then.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a bit confused. Is this happening in May or June? I can't read this book in May but I can read it in June.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Maya! I have an idea that I think should work as long as everyone is okay with it. Guiana and I can buddy read the book in May and then Maya and Esther can buddy read the book in June. Does that work for everyone?

message 11: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Yay! I'm up for it! Things are working out. I also just realized that this thread is in the wrong folder. Can we move it here? I'm not sure if we can move it ourselves or only a moderator would be able to, so if we can't do either, then maybe we should start a new one? It would also clear up all the confusion. Again, I'm up for the buddy read arrangement and I really hope this all works out for everyone!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I think only Esther or a moderator can move the thread to that folder.

message 13: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments I've just checked and we might need to go over the title format, based on what the starting thread said. If this whole thing goes as planned, when would you like to read it with me, Abbigail? Other than that.. I guess now we wait?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Anytime during the middle to end of May works for me.

message 15: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Is the 18th or 19th okay?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

The 19th works great!

message 17: by P.O.G (last edited May 03, 2018 02:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

P.O.G | 219 comments I'm sorry for the late response. I'm in my finals right now till end of june. I didn't know how to make a thread I just followed the instruction in the discussion folder. I'm ok with reading it with maya. As long as I have a buddy to read it with. is the thread moved already?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

It's alright. The thread isn't in the right spot yet. It is supposed to be in the upcoming buddy reads folder. Only you or a moderator can move it. Good luck with your finals!

P.O.G | 219 comments Abbigail wrote: "It's alright. The thread isn't in the right spot yet. It is supposed to be in the upcoming buddy reads folder. Only you or a moderator can move it. Good luck with your finals!"

Thank you! I think it’s in the right folder now

message 20: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Thanks and break a leg on finals! We're using the same threads for both buddy reads, right?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

It is! I'm fine with using the same thread if everyone else is.

message 22: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Coolio! (Lmao, yes, I just said that). Can't wait :)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments Would I be able to join the June buddy read?

P.O.G | 219 comments Yes sure! You’re more than welcome 😊. The kore the merrier

message 25: by Ariana (new) - added it

Ariana (quietly-sobbing-into-a-book) | 26 comments Would I also be able to join the June buddy read?

P.O.G | 219 comments Sure! Welcome

message 27: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments @Abbigail, are you still up for May?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. I am.

message 29: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Right then. The May buddy read will be starting now :)

message 30: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Hey, Abbigail! I’ve started reading the book a couple of days earlier and I’m actually reading slower than I thought I would, I’m only a couple of pages in. Have you started yet? It looks like we don’t have any chapters for this one, so how do you want to check in?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not to far into the book either. We could just update when we have thoughts that we want to discuss or we could just update every 25 or so pages.

Krista | 1604 comments I'm currently listening to this one on Audiobook if you don't mind me joining :)

message 33: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Welcome! How far are you into it? I haven't gotten the chance to read lately so there isn't really much I can say about it yet :')

Krista | 1604 comments Four chapters I believe or somewhere around there.

Krista | 1604 comments End on Starfall Lake Pg. 207

I'm having the same (view spoiler)

Are any of you wanting to read book 2? I'm more to read it soon after I finish this one.

P.O.G | 219 comments Krista wrote: "End on Starfall Lake Pg. 207

I'm having the same [spoilers removed]

Are any of you wanting to read book 2? I'm more to read it soon after I finish this one."

yeah me, but gotta finish this one first so I think maybe mid july I can start the book 2

Krista | 1604 comments Sounds good! I finished this one today.

message 38: by guiana! (new) - added it

guiana! (gvianai) | 20 comments Hey! So I'm actually more packed than I thought I was for pretty much this whole month due to exams (I really need to stop slacking on them >.<) and doubt I'm even gonna finish a single book this month, so I'm putting this down for now. Hope you understand! x

P.O.G | 219 comments Today we start! Yaaaayy!! How do u guys wanna do this? Pero section or pages a small review?

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments I'm fine with whatever.

message 41: by Jessica (last edited Jul 03, 2018 06:23PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments Wondering anyone's thoughts? I'm around page 150ish. I've been reading pretty slow lately. I like it, but I don't love it. I think, for me, there are just too many little details. I feel like I should have been taking notes.

Krista | 1604 comments I understand with this book. I got into book two more because of this reason. It's a lot of information.

P.O.G | 219 comments IM around page 150 of the ebook. I don’t mind the details tho. For me it makes it more interesting, like u gotta pay attention the whole time.

P.O.G | 219 comments (view spoiler)

P.O.G | 219 comments Hey guys, I finished this one. How far along are you guys?

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31448 comments are you guys planning to read book 2? I'd be interested in a buddy read next month if you guys are :)

P.O.G | 219 comments Trisha wrote: "are you guys planning to read book 2? I'd be interested in a buddy read next month if you guys are :)"

I Am!!! I have to finish another buddy read first but then I'm up for the second one

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31448 comments I own it so I’m ready any time!!