New Adult Book Club discussion

Tijan
This topic is about Tijan
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Tijan

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week we have the incredible and much loved NYT Bestselling author Tijan. Tijan is the author of Fallen Crest High, Broken and Screwed, Carter Reed, Hate to Love You, Kian plus many many more!

Tijan is with us all week taking your questions come and chat with her here!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Scholz | 58 comments Hello 😊 I love your books.💜 My favorite one is "Cole". ❤️😊 How do you decide what stories to write?

message 3: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Sarah wrote: "Hello 😊 I love your books.💜 My favorite one is "Cole". ❤️😊 How do you decide what stories to write?"

Hi!!!! THANK YOU!! And I'm a bit lame because I usually just write what is speaking to me. Cole and Carter must be happy because neither are speaking to me, but another mafia one is so I'm hoping to write that one this summer sometime!

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Pendergrass (megreadsallthebooks) | 17 comments How long does it usually take you to write a book from beginning to end?

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Boyle-Mather | 7 comments Do you think there will be another book eventually with main focus on Logan I can’t imagine he ever stops speaking to you!

message 6: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Megan wrote: "How long does it usually take you to write a book from beginning to end?"

It depends! Sometimes and this is becoming not common anymore, but sometimes I can write a book in two months, but that means my editing usually takes months. Lol! Ryan's Bed took me about a full year to write. So it always depends on the book, on my schedule, on how the edits are going to go or not.

message 7: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Diane wrote: "Do you think there will be another book eventually with main focus on Logan I can’t imagine he ever stops speaking to you!"

To be honest, yes. He's chirping in my head, but not loud. I've got a bunch of books I have to write before I might get another one from him, though.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Struthers (nikkiestruthers) | 2 comments What character (from any of your books) calls to you the most?

message 9: by Sanam (new)

Sanam (sanamyay) Hi! I love the your books. My favorite is Evil! Would consider writing more about Shay and Kellan? I hope they speak to you ASAP! :) Thank you!

message 10: by anuelina (new)

anuelina | 1 comments Hi,

I have read almost every book that you have wrote. I want to thank you for writing Ryan's Bed. It touched me. How you got the idea to write that book? It's really important subject and you managed to write about it very well. Thank you again.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Hi! What are you working on now?

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy | 14 comments I love your books! Do you have a playlist for Ryans Bed?

a collective of books (acollectiveofbooks) Where's your favorite place to write?

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Smail (ksmail25) | 1 comments Will Nate Monson ger his own book and HEA?

message 15: by Ana (new)

Ana | 2 comments Hi Tijan! Love your books and have read all of them multiple times. Though I love your Fallen Crest series, my favorites have to be Hate to Love You and Broken and Screwed books 1&2. In Broken & Screwed, at the end she mentions that even if they break up, Jesse still wants her to live with him. So my question is (if you can answer this), do you believe they stay together in the long haul? I’ve wondered this every time I read it, so I had to ask!

message 16: by Juliet (new)

Juliet Meblin | 4 comments I love your books! Will there be a 3rd book for Broken and Screwed?

message 17: by book bruin (new)

book bruin (bookbruin) What has been your favorite book to write?

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Monroe | 51 comments Who is your unicorn author? One you would just LOVE to meet?

message 19: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Nicole wrote: "What character (from any of your books) calls to you the most?"

Honestly, it's a character barely anyone knows about. She's Shane Chen. I wrote her ten book series right away. They were my first books, but they were so horrible so they're not published. I want to write her book one day again, but she's so dear to me it's almost like I'm too close to write it right. If that makes sense?

message 20: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Sanam wrote: "Hi! I love the your books. My favorite is Evil! Would consider writing more about Shay and Kellan? I hope they speak to you ASAP! :) Thank you!"

I don't think I will, but I don't really want to say no forever because who knows. They're in college right now and happy. Kellan wants to kill everyone and Shay keeps trying to get him not to. ;)

message 21: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Anu wrote: "Hi,

I have read almost every book that you have wrote. I want to thank you for writing Ryan's Bed. It touched me. How you got the idea to write that book? It's really important subject and you ma..."

I think I just wanted to write a YA book and post it to Wattpad for readers, and that first chapter came out of nowhere for me. I kept reading it over and over and I got chills, but the good kind. As for where it was going, I had no idea. I didn't plan that book. I just went where the characters took me, and I did have to stop writing it for about a year because I knew it was going to be an important book. I needed to let the characters fully build in my subconscious!

message 22: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Anu wrote: "Hi,

I have read almost every book that you have wrote. I want to thank you for writing Ryan's Bed. It touched me. How you got the idea to write that book? It's really important subject and you ma..."

I forgot to add-- THANK YOU!!!!!! So much. Thank you!

message 23: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Nicole wrote: "Hi! What are you working on now?"

Oh man! The book I'm writing right now is insane. The two characters have full worlds and people who depend on them and they're figuring it out between the two. It's A LOT of drama, a lot of snark, a lot of love, a lot of action. It's a little ridiculous, but I'm going with it. It's these guys' world but I can't tell you who they are until I announce the book. I'm so excited though! I hope hope hope you guys love these guys as much as I do.

message 24: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Judy wrote: "I love your books! Do you have a playlist for Ryans Bed?"

I do, actually! I think it's on Spotify so give me a week to fully compile all the songs into one main playlist. I'll make it public and give you the link.

message 25: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Bookish Addict wrote: "Where's your favorite place to write?"

My office...when it's clean!!! It's a MESS right now and it's driving me nuts. I'll clean it once I finish my current WIP, but man, it's driving me crazy. Lol!

message 26: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Kristen wrote: "Will Nate Monson ger his own book and HEA?"

Nate's going to get at least a novella! And I'm hoping to write it next year. I know I won't get to him this year, so next year. Heather's got one coming up too!

message 27: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Ana wrote: "Hi Tijan! Love your books and have read all of them multiple times. Though I love your Fallen Crest series, my favorites have to be Hate to Love You and Broken and Screwed books 1&2. In Broken & Sc..."

I can answer that they're currently together. They're finishing college and very in love, and Jesse has turned into a great guy. He really appreciates her and takes care of her! But as of now, I'm not planning a third Broken and Screwed. And thank you so so so so so much!!!

message 28: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Juliet wrote: "I love your books! Will there be a 3rd book for Broken and Screwed?"

No, as of now, I'm planning one! :(

message 29: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments bookbruin wrote: "What has been your favorite book to write?"

I think, oh man. It's maybe a tie between Antistepbrother or Hate to Love You. Hate To Love You came out of sooo fast. It was ridiculous. I've never written like that and ASB was so much fun because Summer is random and hilarious. I didn't know if people would enjoy her, but I'm so glad they do.

message 30: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Michelle wrote: "Who is your unicorn author? One you would just LOVE to meet?"

Oh man!! Probably JK Rowling. I've met EL James (LOVED her!!! She's so amazing.) And I've met Jennifer Armentrout. I bug Jennifer a few times a year actually, lol, so the other big one would be JK Rowling. I'm so weird. When I'm overwhelmed, I freeze like a deer and can't say anything and then I'll burst out in loud laughter. It's so cringe-worthy. Which I did for both of those above that I met. lololol

You?!

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 12 comments What are 5 of your all-time favourite books?

message 32: by Briana (new)

Briana (bri_books_galore) | 21 comments Tijan you have been one of my favorite author for a very long time, and I wanted to ask do you need an ARC person? I’d love to if it’s possible :D

message 33: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "must have" when you are in writing mode?

message 34: by Makayla (new)

Makayla | 1 comments Hi Tijan love your books my favourite is the fallen creat series, and have read it dozens of times. My question is when are you doing Nate’s book? He deserves to fine love as well. Thanks

message 35: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes | 257 comments Hi Tijan! I was wondering if you had any tropes or genres you were hoping to write soon or any you try to stay away from?

message 36: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Maddie wrote: "What are 5 of your all-time favourite books?"

Oh man-- okay. 5 top favorites:
Duff
Fearless by BB Reid
The Revenger by Debra Anastasia
The Dark Elements Series by Jennifer Armentrout
Punk 57 by Penelope Reed
and Trust by Kylie Scott!

I'm counting Jennifer's series as one book! lolol
And I might have misspelled some of those titles/names, but I'm a little blind right now.

message 37: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Briana wrote: "Tijan you have been one of my favorite author for a very long time, and I wanted to ask do you need an ARC person? I’d love to if it’s possible :D"

I usually do arcs by posting a sign up a few weeks before a book gets published so if you blog, keep an eye out!! Or right now, I'm doing a bunch of ARC giveaways on my FB pages/groups!

message 38: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Cassie wrote: "What is your "must have" when you are in writing mode?"

Music and something to drink: (water, coffee, or sometimes a glass of wine too.) But music mainly!

message 39: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Mercedes wrote: "Hi Tijan! I was wondering if you had any tropes or genres you were hoping to write soon or any you try to stay away from?"

I stay away from historical because I know I'll get something wrong in my research! I'm hoping to do another paranormal soon or soonish and maybe one day do a RH. Eek!! Jane Washington and Jaymin Eve have made me obsessed!

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 107 comments Who are your favorite authors who write a completely different genre from you?

message 41: by Jen (new)

Jen What is your favorite TV show?

message 42: by Briana (new)

Briana (bri_books_galore) | 21 comments I love how your characters are written, especially the women characters. One of your woman characters that I adore is Sam in Fallen Crest Series.

What is your inspiration for your characters, specifically the women characters?

All your women characters exhibit strength and loyalty and I love them and so wish I could be friends with them, and I just love how you portray the loyal, trustworthy relationships in your books. Definitely something that I think is one of your strengths as a author.

message 43: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Emily wrote: "Who are your favorite authors who write a completely different genre from you?"

Jaymin Eve and Jane Washington!! They write paranormal, but also reverse harem. I'm obsessed with their writing!! Oh, and Susan EE. I love love love her Angelfall series.

message 44: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Jennifer wrote: "What is your favorite TV show?"

Don't judge me, but I'm a little obsessed with Riverdale right now!

message 45: by Tijan (new)

Tijan Tijan (tijansbooks) | 170 comments Briana wrote: "I love how your characters are written, especially the women characters. One of your woman characters that I adore is Sam in Fallen Crest Series.

What is your inspiration for your characters, spe..."

I think I write what I'd like to read, and what I'm inspired to be! I have noticed a change in my most current WIP versus my other books where there's a moment I'd have the guy come in and save her. Not with this one. She takes care of it herself. She'd be pissed if she got rescued, actually. My very very first series had a female lead who did that, and I worried people wouldn't like her because she was so strong, but now I feel she'd be embraced.

message 46: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments What scenes do you like yo write the most?

message 47: by Briana (new)

Briana (bri_books_galore) | 21 comments Tijan, like I said before I love the relationships in your books. Either that be romantic relationships or non conventional family relationships as well. They are embraced with trust, loyalty, and they really are relationships that are desired by most people in the real world.

What is your inspiration for this? I’ve noticed with each book I read of yours there is that idea with the relationships in them, so what is your inspiration for incorporating that factor in your characters development?

message 48: by Briana (new)

Briana (bri_books_galore) | 21 comments Also the situations your write about are real things that could happen in real life. Your books aren’t “sappy romances” lol but my questions are:

what is the easiest book you’ve written,
the hardest book you’ve had to crank out,
and what book/series of yours do you love the best where your characters come out of whatever terrible life situation they are in?

Sorry a lot in that lol 😂 I just really enjoy your books and your characters haha

message 49: by Su (new)

Su (suroor) | 48 comments Other than the books that you've written, which mafia romance is your favorite?

message 50: by Briana (new)

Briana (bri_books_galore) | 21 comments ^i meant to say characters at the end of my last comment^^

« previous 1