Beyond Reality discussion

SERIES—List & Discussions > Miles Vorkosigan--BARRAYAR - final thoughts?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Well, the discussion of The Warrior's Apprentice officially starts tomorrow, so I wanted to see if anyone has final thoughts about Barrayar?

For anyone who's not sure about continuing the series --- the next book is where the real fun starts. Miles is a unique character, and as much as I like the first 2 books, the series really takes off when he enters the scene.

message 2: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Also, here's Jo Walton's post from tor.com about Barrayar --- word of warning, this contains some spoilers for the rest of the series:

http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=c...

message 3: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3085 comments Mod
I liked both Shards of Honour& Barrayar, so while I'm looking forward to "meeting" Miles, the real star of the series, I will miss the focus on Cordelia and Aral.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (sisimka) Kathi wrote: "I liked both Shards of Honour& Barrayar, so while I'm looking forward to "meeting" Miles, the real star of the series, I will miss the focus on Cordelia and Aral."

Me too, Kathi.

I read the first page of Warrior's Apprentice this morning (before the kids got up!) and I'm looking forward to relaxing with it this evening.

message 5: by Frank (new)

Frank Taranto (xtontox) | 38 comments I really enjoyed the first two books in the series. I'd read them before and liked them just as much the second time around. I've read a few of the Miles books and don't remember enjoying them as much as the first two books in the series. I am looking forward to rereading the ones I've read and reading the one's I haven't.

message 6: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3085 comments Mod
But I won't be starting it for awhile... I'm still only about halfway through Mistborn The Final Empire.