Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 7: Is It Nap Time Yet?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lela (new)

Lela Shelton (adventuresoftrudence) Holy cow. I'm gettin too old for this sitting in one spot for hours thing.Even though I try to change positions often, and get up to walk around every now and then, I still always end up back in the same position. What is your favorite reading position? Mine is sideways in whatever I happen to be reading in at the moment.
Also, how's your progress? I'm currently 2 books in and halfway through my 3rd. Let me know so I can fangirl over how awesome you are!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I have had small breaks so not very tired.
I switch between sitting and laying on my bed.
I finished one book dnf one and started a third.

message 3: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks I like to sit with my back propped up against the couch. I'm 50 pages into my 3rd book! So far I've had a productive morning.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane | 36 comments I've mostly been sitting in an armchair. I remember my wrists really aching from holding up books the whole day from the last readathon, so I think I will switch to my desk to have some arm support soon!

I have finished one book and am on my second one. If I finish this one (I think I have 200 pages left to go) before the end of the readathon I'd be happy!

message 5: by Cirtnecce (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments I had a busy evening, so still trying to finish Book 1

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments Yes I’m sitting on the couch too. I only finished the book i was reading for about a week or so, and now I’m watching a movie haha shame on me
But since this is my very first readathon I’ll just take it easy (also I haven’t really decided what to read next yet; organised much huh :D)

message 7: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments I'm halfway through one book and have listened to an hour of audio on another. I find I can only read for about an hour at a time before I get sleepy - then I have to get up and move around. I never seem to get a decent night's sleep before Readathon, so that doesn't help! My favorite reading position is with feet stretched out and pillows propping up my back.

message 8: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments I keep getting up and moving every hour. I was tired at once point till I started moving more. I did some chores while listening to an audiobook. I am about to finish my 3rd book because it is a children's book which helps after a non-fiction book.

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1300 comments I alternate between my couch (constantly moving by now, my cat is pissed at me) and my bed where I have big pillows to support my back (if I really lay down, I'll probably fall asleep; I'm participating in another readathon so I started yesterday morning and will finish tomorrow at 11.59 pm)...

For this readathon I have a bunch of books I'd already started and 2 new ones. I finished Mansfield Park (finally) and The Golden Compass. Started Cross Fire.

Mel (thebookishmel) (thebookishmel) | 5 comments I'm a big fan of reading on my bed whether its sitting up or laying down. If I'm reading an ebook on my phone especially! But when I'm reading from the Kindle reader on my computer I'm always at my desk.

I've been reading a non-fiction novel set in WWII so its been more difficult to get through just because its a heavier read, but I'm nearly done with it so I'm really excited to move onto my next read! :)

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy I like to read outside, it is such a nice day. Sometimes the noise can be distracting, but it keeps me awake and I don't fall asleep in my book.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 215 comments I've changed places a couple of times today, and did some work in the kitchen with an audiobook. But I did take a 30 minute power nap! Now I feel revived and ready to go...

message 13: by SadieReadsAgain (new)

SadieReadsAgain (sadiestartsagain) | 157 comments I like the couch, by the arm, under the lamp. And I curl my legs up beside me and lean on cushions. I also like to read in bed, propped up on three pillows. And I have to be cosy, so wherever I am there is usually a dressing gown, blanket or at the very least a big jumper to cuddle into.

message 14: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1300 comments Time to go to bed. Taken a shower, will (try to) read for another hour and then I’m off to dreamland....

message 15: by Lupe (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 43 comments Oh man. It’s only 5pm here and so my cousins are making dinner while my niece and I keep plugging away!!!

message 16: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 122 comments I’ve been walking and reading all day, including two cafes. Totally recommend it.

message 17: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments I've made progress in 2 books, one audio and one ebook, and hope to finish both soon! My favorite reading position is on my chaise longue on my deck in the sun! And that's where I am! :)

message 18: by Devon (new)

Devon (archivist_fox) | 80 comments Ha ha! I have my main reading spot on the couch but sometimes I get up and walk around while reading to get my blood flowing. By Hour 7 I was in the middle of three books.

By this time, I just finished One a third through one and about half through my audiobook.

message 19: by Lela (new)

Lela Shelton (adventuresoftrudence) I loved reading these so much! I was fading fast after finishing my last book. Hope everyone is still plugging away! Have y’all added your pages to the million pages on the Dewey’s website? SO cool to see the page and book number go up.

message 20: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Lela wrote: "I loved reading these so much! I was fading fast after finishing my last book. Hope everyone is still plugging away! Have y’all added your pages to the million pages on the Dewey’s website? SO cool..."

I love watching the numbers go up! I just added my first finished book, I've only *read* 209 pages today. When I finish my audiobook it will be another 474 pages though!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.