The Cosy Bookish Corner discussion

Bookish Chat > Any bookish routines?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya, Founder & Moderator (new)

Tanya (tanya23510) | 432 comments Mod
Do any of you have any bookish routines? Do you have a special reading spot or a favorite reading snack/drink?

I usually prefer to read in the evening on the couch with a nice coffee or hot chocolate or in bed before going to sleep!

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelso30) | 82 comments I tend to read anytime I can squeeze it in. I listen to books in my car every time I drive if I can help it. At home I will read anywhere but I do prefer to have my tea handy. My porch is my favorite place but it depends on the weather. I have a carpeted foot stool that I sit on.

message 3: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (captainjemima) | 61 comments Every now and then I listen to an audiobook in the car.

As for reading books with my eyes, my routine is to read during my lunch break at work if I'm not going out for a walk or to the shops. I get a nice solid block of time where nobody needs anything from me and it's quiet. Sometimes it can be a challenge to read while I eat, depending on what it is! :)

Very rarely I will read at home - I like to read in bed or on the sofa with a cup of tea and cat company (not guaranteed, unfortunately). I find it difficult to read when there is music with words or a TV show on - video games or instrumental music in the background tend to be OK.

message 4: by Tanya, Founder & Moderator (new)

Tanya (tanya23510) | 432 comments Mod
Oh I wish I could read on my lunch break!! Just can't get any peace!! Lol