Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Proofreader Needed

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 125 comments I'm looking for a proofreader to be the last pair of eyes on my MS. It's been copy-edited already. Must be comfortable with violence, profanity, and explicit sex. Send a message or email me at daniellemathison07@gmail.com if interested. Thanks!

message 2: by Niki (new)

Niki Contreras | 9 comments What is it about?

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 125 comments Hi, Niki. It's a contemporary mafia romance. I'll post the synopsis below.

She’s a romantic at heart, living in the most unromantic of worlds . . .

Nicknamed The Sweet Abelli for her docile nature, Elena smiles on cue and has a charming response for everything. She’s the favored daughter, the perfect mafia principessa . . . or was.

Now, all she can see in the mirror’s reflection is blood staining her hands like crimson paint.

They say first impressions are everything . . .

In the murky waters of New York’s underworld, Elena’s sister is arranged to marry Nicolas Russo. A Made Man, a boss, a cheat—even measured against mafia standards. His reputation stretches far and wide and is darker than his black suits and ties. After his and Elena’s first encounter ends with an accidental glare on her part, she realizes he’s just as rude as he is handsome.

She doesn’t like the man or anything he stands for, though that doesn’t stop her heart from pattering like rain against glass when he’s near, nor the shiver that ghosts down her spine at the sound of his voice.

And he’s always near. Telling her what to do. Making her feel hotter than any future brother-in-law should. Elena may be The Sweet Abelli on the outside, but she’s beginning to learn she has a taste for the darkness, for rough hands, cigarettes, and whiskey-colored eyes. Having already escaped one scandal, however, she can hardly afford to be swept up in another.

Besides, even if he were hers, everyone knows you don’t fall in love with a Made Man . . . right?

message 4: by ProofProfessor (new)

ProofProfessor | 3 comments That's us.
Matt at
proofprofessor.com

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara Sykora | 22 comments I am also available to proofread. The last book I proofread, I caught errors the other editors of the book didn't catch. What are you looking for turnaround time?

Thanks for the opportunity!

Sara

message 6: by Niki (new)

Niki Contreras | 9 comments Hi Danielle,

Looks like you already have a few interested parties, but if you still need another set of eyes, I'm available. You can email me at NikiCsBooks@writeme.com.

message 7: by Chris (new)

message 8: by TKSelbach13 (last edited Jul 29, 2019 09:40PM) (new)

TKSelbach13 | 90 comments I have been working as an independent freelance editor for about 8 years. My clients have been very pleased with my work thus far and would certainly be happy to provide recommendations if needed.

I recently achieved my bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, as well as accomplished a Study Abroad program with a focus in writing. I can provide a high attention to detail, the ability to think outside of the box, and an enthusiastic attitude that clients will find quite appealing.

Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing
Experience: 8 years of Beta Reading, 2 years of commission work
Rates: $0.05 per word.
Turnaround: 1-3 months

$5 – 100 words
$50 – 1,000 words
$500 – 10,000 words
$5000 – 100,000 words