Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Spint #1-Hour 4

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (last edited Apr 28, 2018 09:43AM) (new)

GabsAboutBooks I'm so sorry I forgot to unlock the reading sprint at hour 4! How about for our first reading sprint you choose when you want to start. We will get back on schedule for our second sprint at hour 8. Take 60 minutes to try to read as much as you can. Share your progress here. Let us know what you read, how much you read, and how long you read for. READY...SET...GO!

I just sprinted the last 90 minutes. I read 148 pages in Blood Promise by Richelle Mead. I finally completed it :)

message 2: by Susy (last edited Apr 28, 2018 09:39AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1295 comments I'd noticed that but still did my sprint, 60 minutes. I read 60 pages from Cross Fire. Excellent readathon read!

message 3: by Abbey (new)

Abbey (abbeyhauser) | 183 comments Missed this sprint at hour 4, but planning on doing one after lunch!

message 4: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks Susy wrote: "I'd noticed that but still did my sprint, 60 minutes. I read 60 pages from Cross Fire. Excellent readathon read!"

Awesome!!

message 5: by Loreen ☕️ (new)

Loreen ☕️ | 14 comments I managed 47 pages for my Hour 4 sprint!

message 6: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) | 421 comments Mod
i'm more distracted this readathon than usual between a stressful work week (and a long one) this oast week, concern over whether I'm trained enough for my marathon next Sunday, and trying to do laundry/cleaning and packing before I leave Thursday for my vacation. So I didn't do as well during my first sprint as I would have liked. I did however, finish the book I was reading in print and got from 28% to 39% on my kindle read. I decided for my sprints, they are all going to be that same kindle book. It's a good one, but dark and heavy so I can't read it for very long in one sitting without a break. So it makes a good book to pick up, slam through as much as I can during a sprint, then set aside for something lighter until the next sprint.

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (evolbooks) | 15 comments I read 175 pages of The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue in hour 4!

Mel (thebookishmel) (thebookishmel) | 5 comments Read 56 pages from The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom for this sprint! It’s definitely difficult to get through due to the nature of it being a non-fiction during Nazi occupation in Holland, but glad to be reading it.

message 9: by Rebecca Jean (new)

Rebecca Jean (rebecca2006) | 9 comments Read 43 pages of La belle sauvage which is the first volume of Phillip Pullmans Book of dust for the hour 4 sprint. I am not a fast reader, but I enjoyed it :D

message 10: by Erika (new)

Erika | 15 comments Read 74 pages of The Astounding Broccoli Boy

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 37 comments I read 82 pages from Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda and finished my first book for the readathon!

message 12: by Ann A (last edited Apr 28, 2018 11:05AM) (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Read 71 pages in Sing, Unburied, Sing (actually my Sprint was 1 hr 10 min)

message 13: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments I read 120 pages of the Mystery of the The Dark Tower and should finish within the next 10 mins. I got distracted with laundry. Trying to get it washed in dried so I can fold it tomorrow.

message 14: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 23 comments I listened to 40 minutes of my audiobook, The Hallowe'en party by Agatha Christie.

message 15: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks Alicia wrote: "I read 175 pages of The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue in hour 4!"

wow that's amazing!

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1295 comments Alicia wrote: "I read 175 pages of The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue in hour 4!"

Wow, 175 pages in 1 hour, that is very impressive Alicia!

message 17: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (igem36) Thanks for the second chance. I was out hiking (a hike planned months ago before I knew about Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon) when the Hour 4 sprint came along.

I started at 3:00 and read 27 and a half pages of In Suspect Terrain by John McPhee (yes, I'm a very, very slow reader). Now I've missed part of sprint #2, but I'll see if I can finish more pages in this book during the time remaining (~35 minutes).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.