YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > Twilight

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually liked this series. Please don't judge me I don't judge you*holds hands up*. I know the series gets a lot of hate but I like it

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) This series wasn't too bad! I read it with my mother in fourth grade xD

message 3: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Whoa fourth grade! My mom wouldn't let me read it until seventh grade.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah fourth is a bit early

message 5: by Jurni (new)

Jurni | 231 comments Did you read Breaking Dawn

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah if you read that in fourth grade....

message 7: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments I read the whole series in fith grade. I was obsessed. I read it in less than a week, the whole series. It's a really good book. If you like twilight you should try "The Tiger Saga" it's an awesome series almost better than twilight!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

To all twilight fans do not see the spoiler

(view spoiler)

You people might hate me for this but what can I say. *shrugs* I did not like twilight.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That's okay we all have our own opinions

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Maya wrote: "Whoa fourth grade! My mom wouldn't let me read it until seventh grade."

She's very progressive xD

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Jurni wrote: "Did you read Breaking Dawn"

yes! It was so awkward because my mother was reading it with me. We had separate copies, but I read a bit quicker than she did and I was like "Oh. Umm you're in for a surprise mom. Don't freak out."

Then she read it and she said, "well you're gonna learn eventually..."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow that's awkward. My mom just let me read it two weeks ago and I liked it. She's very protective

message 13: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Yeah. When my mom said I could read it, she was like, "you have to read it CRITICALITY". The first time you can't do that of course, but then I went back and read it again and was like, "yeah mom, you're kinda right..."

message 14: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments And when I was reading breaking dawn she kept asking me what part I was at, and that was a little awkward.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah that had to be

message 16: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments yeppp...it sure was.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

That sucks

message 18: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments Haha, my parents don't really monitor my reading (unless, I'm like, reading erotica, but personally I don't think I will ever). I have to confess I put down the second book :/ It wasn't THAT bad, but it didn't capture my interest, and there were other books that I wanted to read.
My main issue was Bella, I just didn't like her very much. She was pretty useless, whined kind of often, and in general her narration was boring.

message 19: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments My parents usually don't care and count on me to monitor my little sister's books, but my mom had read Twilight before me.