Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

They Both Die at the End
This topic is about They Both Die at the End
Archives > They Both Die at the End, by Adam Silvera

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) | 8316 comments Mod
Read this for 2018's #33 Prompt: Relating to a word born in the same year as you. (My word was intersectionality.)

I LOVED this book so hard. I thought it was witty, the characters were well defined, and the story kept me guessing. I spent the entire book trying to figure out how they would die. (view spoiler)

Overall, would definitely recommend.

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2816 comments I really enjoyed this book too. I would have loved a bit more explanation about Death-Cast and how/why it exists, but I guess that wasn't really the point of the story.

Joan Barnett | 1665 comments I agree with Rachel. I liked the book but I wanted more world building. Did I miss the part where they explained what a Decker was? I mean, I eventually figured it out but that's what I thought was lacking. Overall a really good story and I loved the characters. I also liked how it ended and I haven't been a fan of several of the endings I have just read.

Joanne | 451 comments I read this for Week 52. A book with a weird or intriguing title

I cheated a bit with this because I was reading sort-of in order, going one month at a time, but I am close to running out of time, so I went back through my read books this year to look for a book with an intriguing title. This one definitely fits the criteria. I thought the concept was so interesting and I read it all in one day.