What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Angel Station
This topic is about Angel Station
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci Fi book; Its a rags to control of galaxy economy to bugs making his clothes and it is in constant flux. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Masker | 2 comments Ok so the book is a sci fi and is based way in the future, with out giving to much away ill try to recall what i can remember. Its a rags to control of galaxy economy to bug's making his clothes and it is in constant flux.

now i know not much detail but i read this book almost 16 years ago and just can not find it.

Thank you in advance.

message 2: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Spoilers are encouraged - they help us track down books. So spoil away, please. But I'm confused over that one sentence - controlling the galaxy economy and making clothes?

message 3: by Robert (last edited Jul 27, 2014 09:29PM) (new)

Robert Masker | 2 comments ughh lol i know it sounds dumb but ok so if memory serves right the guy goes from almost a nobody to a thug , and if i am correct moves his way threw the organization to the top to shadow companys in the most part taking over most of the galaxys trade becoming one of the most powerful people to brokering peace with an alien civ where they (pulling hard here ) are bugs and he now has bugs that come out and changes the appearance of his clothes depending on the mood i think, theres a whole lot more on that but thats whats jumping out in my head atm.

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2036 comments Angel Station Angel Station has a brother and sister who are impoverished traders on a small ship, but who manage to make first contact with an alien species that "manufactures" most things biologically, and thus become the most rich and powerful people in human space.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Robert, was "Angel Station" your book or are you still looking?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Robert, was "Angel Station" your book or are you still looking?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2036 comments It's a shame it's abandoned - I really think it's Angel Station.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

I couldn't understand what Robert was saying at all. Bugs? As in insects, or computer glitches? Can you confirm the part about bugs making their clothes, whatever that means?

message 9: by Andy (last edited Feb 09, 2019 06:51PM) (new)

Andy Love | 2036 comments In Angel Station the heroes, who had been terribly down on their luck interstellar traders, encounter an alien species that is insect-like. This species starts trading with our heroes, making them rich, and furthermore the heroes get access to servant insects that act like living nanotech - so at the end of the novel, the hero's clothes can be transformed at a whim by the tiny creatures he now controls.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Ok thanks, that helps. Moving to Solved.

message 11: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2036 comments Thanks!