Young Writers discussion

Random > WHERE IS EVERYBODY

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
Hey everyone! It has been forever since I've posted on here, but frankly this group catalyzed so much in life for me!

Its been a few years since I've talked to any of you, and I was just thinking it would be neat to see where everyone was at! If they're keeping up with writing or moving on to new things!

message 2: by Sumaiyya (new)

Sumaiyya | 846 comments Hi! This group has changed me a lot as well even though I wasn't the most active member, thank you all for that. Since making an account when I was 13 I tried and gave up on being a writer haha. I found a lot of good books though and now I'm 21, just finished my third year of college getting a degree in engineering, and I've gotten back into doing art this past year which I enjoyed a lot when I was younger but kind of left off for no reason. I think because I thought I had to choose, art or engineering, fun or security, but I've come to accept that things aren't so rigid or so black and white. I can be an engineer and an artist. I'm in a good place right now, something I probably wouldn't have ever imagined being 13 or 14 or 15. I like college and I have great friends, I've changed and grown a lot as a person, I have someone I want to marry who feels the same way. I'm starting an internship at a real company in two weeks. Life is still very tough and nothing comes easily but I think I'd be proud of myself now. This group did help me figure out the type of person I wanted to become though, even if it wasn't a young writer.

Thank you for asking it made me nostalgic. I really hope no one reads this lol

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 3061 comments YAS FRIENDS, YOU ROCK. Graduated college last week, so that’s pretty crazy? I miss you all!

message 4: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Ugh this is an old topic but I joined like a month before I turned 12 and now I'm 20 lol

So much has changed for me... mostly the fact that I'm like, not a girl anymore... but I'm just chilling at my university and studying linguistics and doing pretty good at it, I think :) This group was so huge in my life growing up I have so many positive connotations

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 3061 comments Hi friend, yes you are rocking it in the world <3

message 6: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Diamond | 190 comments I miss you all too so much! I finally got internet at home again and my first stop was this group... was sorely disappointed to see how inactive it is. Maybe I will be able to revive it if I post enough ; )
I teach Creative Writing in high school (to sophomores) actually, so writing is still a huge part of my life even if I read and talk about writing more than I actually write. But I have been practicing more than I used to.
Still going through the “shouldn’t I pursue something that makes more money?” Crisis but we’ll see what happens there...
Please post, more of you guys! It’s so nice to hear from each and every one of you!

message 7: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Diamond | 190 comments Where’s Hayden btw? I see he hasn’t posted in a long time.
That’s so exciting Maya! I wish you the best, keep us updated.
Kriss what’s new in your life?