Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Follower New Release Alerts, Same Author Name

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erik (new)

Erik Carter | 49 comments Hello.

In another librarian discussion, I was informed that since there is another Erik Carter, all of my future releases will default to his account (and that my name was given an extra space between the first and last name to differentiate the two names) and that I will have to make a request with each of my new releases that they be put under my author account.

I know there are options for Goodreads readers/followers to be alerted when an author has a new release, so I'm wondering how having my new releases manually switched from the other Erik Carter account will affect new release announcements to readers/followers.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Erik Carter

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Apr 25, 2018 06:49AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23504 comments Of the two books on the single-space author profile, one was a cover illustrator (which we don't keep, so I removed) and the other (a contributing author not listed on the cover) was listed in the "look inside" at Amazon as having a middle initial, which I added. The two followers left on that profile are yours; each has a copy of "The Lowdown" on their shelves.

All that is to say that you should be able to have the single-space profile now. I've requested a merge here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Erik (new)

Erik Carter | 49 comments Thanks so much for doing all of that, Abcdarian! Much appreciated!

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23504 comments You're very welcome. It could take a while to go through, as those requests get a bit backed up.