Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Taming of the Shrew
This topic is about The Taming of the Shrew
Book Issues > Video - Taming of the Shrew

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 712 comments Hi,

I found an 'edition' of "The Taming of the Shrew" that is actually a Video - it's the 2015 Stratford Festival's production of the play.

I did check the instructions on dealing with 'Not a Book' materials (I just fixed the Stratford production of Pericles), but thought it best to ask for help on this one, as it not only needs to have the author edited but (possibly?) be de-combined from the main record for the play. I suppose it counts as an adaptation...

And since it's a shakespeare play, there's about 2000 editions in the record, of course (if separating it out, I think it would be easiest to mark it by changing the title to have "2015 Stratford Production" in brackets, or something similar).

Thoughts?

message 2: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 712 comments Sorry, here is a link to the videos' edition.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

rivka | 45432 comments Mod
It doesn't count as a book on Goodreads at all. Merge pending.

message 4: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 712 comments Okay, thanks!

The manual said to just leave them, and edit the author to "NOT A BOOK" since they get re-added by accident all the time, so I wasn't sure.

message 5: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 712 comments Here is the Pericles one, if you need it for any reason.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

rivka | 45432 comments Mod
That's for items that have an ASIN or ISBN. There's no point in NABing an item without either.