The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

Discussion Topics > Who do want to see guest star or see more of?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra (last edited Jul 27, 2014 06:48PM) (new)

Sierra I think they done an excellent job casting recurring roles and guest stars in addition to the main cast. I'm a fan of Gerald McRaney (Barlow), A. Martinez (Jacob), Peter Weller (Lucien), Zahn McClarnon (Mathias), Graham Greene (Malachi). Is was good to Nia Peebles, Parker Stevenson, Peter Stormare. The episode Harvest had Cooper Huckabee in it who I had to really look for. He sure changed from his pretty boy 80's roles like in Urban Cowboy. I also like Omar. Haven't seen him at all in season 3.

I want to see more Lucien. I think they could do a lot with Lucien helping out Walt and him getting on Branch about being a better deputy. Training Branch like he trained Walt. I think the fact that their family and both strong personalities/willed could lead to some interesting interactions. You get away with more with family!

I really want to see Sam Elliott (the voice of Ram Trucks) guest star or have a reoccurring role. Since Walt and The Ferg made a Ram commercial Sam should reciprocate by being on Longmire. I would want him to be a good guy and team up with Walt, Lucien and Vic to work a case. What a foursome that would be. Love to see how Vic would handle those 3!

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy Walker | 13 comments Good call on Sam Elliott and I would also like to see more of Peter Weller as Lucian. Only comment is that I do miss Lucian being able to take off his prosthetic leg.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (mtnred) | 47 comments Irene Bedard. She brings a great presence to the screen and I like her interaction with Henry. She shows another side to the man. I'd like to see her in a recurring role with him assisting her and her daughter. This would be a counterpoint to the whole Henry murder thing.

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Susan wrote: "Irene Bedard. She brings a great presence to the screen and I like her interaction with Henry. She shows another side to the man. I'd like to see her in a recurring role with him assisting her a..."

Totally agree I can't believe I neglected to mention her. Just proves how many good guest stars they've had.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark | 34 comments Without a doubt more Lucien. The character is just what a person would imagine an "old school" sheriff would have been like. You can see the respect they have for each other. At times it seems Walt wishes he could handle problems in the same fashion Lucien was able to take care of business.

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments Not sure who would play her, but at some point I'd like to see Branch's mother (especially in a "heartwarming" scene with the father). Probably too type casting but I could see Kim Catrall, Glenn Close or Sharon Stone (a strong, blonde, feminist type).

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Kim wrote: "Not sure who would play her, but at some point I'd like to see Branch's mother (especially in a "heartwarming" scene with the father). Probably too type casting but I could see Kim Catrall, Glenn C..."h

When Branch got shot Barlow said to Walt he hadn't spoke to his ex in 10 years. That's a long time with no contact. How about Gerald's real wife Delta Burke, she's a pistol (lol) or keeping in Designing Women mode Jean Smart, she's tall and Blonde and I liked her in Sweet Home Alabama.

I would like to see Vic's mother come for a visit. I have to think about who would play her. Any ideas?

They did casting call for Walt's wife for a flashback scene, wanted a Diane Lane type. Not sure if that's yet to come or they decided to not show her and just do her voice in that Flashback scene where Walt went and arrested Malachi.

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments Jean Smart would work too for Branch's Mom. Would love to see Vic's mom (have to be a formidable Italian or Italian looking actress and really needs a Philly accent). Anjelica Houston could be fun or just go straight to go and get Talia Shire.

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments Mercedes Reuhl for Vic's mom?

message 10: by Sierra (last edited Jul 28, 2014 02:50PM) (new)

Sierra Hmmm I can't see Lanie Kazan she's a bit too old. I could see Lorraine Bracco but she's Mrs. Rizzoli on Rizzoli and Isles. How about Edie Falco? She even looks like she could be TV Vic's mother. She's probably busy with Nurse Jackie.

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments Maybe Kathleen Turner for Branch's Mom. Totally out there, what about Cher for Vic's Mom? (she played convincing Italian in Moonstruck).